SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   iPhone users get some "No Contact" help with the new iOS7 update (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/308006-iphone-users-get-some-no-contact-help-new-ios7-update.html)

Crazed 09-19-2013 01:09 AM

iPhone users get some "No Contact" help with the new iOS7 update

Last night I update my iPhone with the new iOS7 that was just released. I came across the following web article about one of its new features, and thought I would share with my friends here at SR:

“Surely, there’s got to be a way to block phone numbers”, said every iPhone user ever.

Really, just type “How to b” into Google and let it autocomplete. First result? “How to block a number”. Second result? “How to block a number on iPhone”. Third result? “How to be happy”. This feature is in greater demand than happiness! Happiness!

With iOS 7, it’s finally a pretty straightforward process to block people from calling, messaging, or FaceTime-ing (FaceTiming? Facing? Agh.) you. You can find the block list at Settings > Phone > Blocked, Settings > Messages > Blocked, or Settings > Facetime > Blocked. Note, however, that the block list is universal — block them in the phone settings, and they’re blocked on FaceTime, too.

Sueski 09-19-2013 02:12 AM

Good info, thanks! That's very sad about happiness coming third, though.

Kevin78 09-19-2013 02:38 AM

My update failed at 1st, and worked 2nd time. Delighted with the call blocker.

Not tried it with the OH yet. :lmao

lillamy 09-19-2013 05:12 AM

The "how to be happy" solutions comes with OS8...

Seren 09-19-2013 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by lillamy (Post 4189547)
The "how to be happy" solutions comes with OS8...

:lmao

Thanks for sharing the tips, Crazed!

ShootingStar1 09-19-2013 05:37 AM

Lillamy, you make me laugh!

ShootingStar1

Crazed 09-19-2013 07:16 AM

I keep trying to ask Siri out for a date, but she keeps telling me that I am too codependent and need to spend some more time working on myself before she will consider it

:)

goodstitch 09-19-2013 10:35 PM

My qualifier just goes to a pay phone.

Tuffgirl 09-20-2013 07:59 AM

Google must be following my surfing habits. "how to be happy" came fourth, under "how to bake salmon" and "how to block a number".

Interestingly enough "how to be emotionally available" was first. Ouch!

:lmao

P.S. My daughter asked Siri if she wanted to have our obnoxious dog, and the response was "I don't have many 'wants'!" Kudos for the programmers!

DreamsofSerenity 09-20-2013 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by crazed (Post 4189738)
i keep trying to ask siri out for a date, but she keeps telling me that i am too codependent and need to spend some more time working on myself before she will consider it

lmao

Hammer 09-20-2013 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Crazed (Post 4189738)
I keep trying to ask Siri out for a date, but she keeps telling me that I am too codependent and need to spend some more time working on myself before she will consider it

I have a Korean phone.

Samsung.

On it, some Bar Girl pops up and asks -- "Need a date, Joe?"

[yeah, I know, I am going Hell. Must need a meeting. :)]

faithnhope 09-20-2013 11:17 PM

Im glad I saw this info....so I have an iphone 5 ( novice at using the silly thing) can someone tell me how/where to get this program......I suck at technology

DG0409 09-21-2013 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl (Post 4191693)
Google must be following my surfing habits. "how to be happy" came fourth, under "how to bake salmon" and "how to block a number".

Interestingly enough "how to be emotionally available" was first. Ouch!

I get "how to boil eggs", "how to block a number", "how to boil corn" and "how to bake chicken". Apparently happiness isn't even on my list. :(

Hammer 09-21-2013 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by DG0409 (Post 4193527)
I get "how to boil eggs", "how to block a number", "how to boil corn" and "how to bake chicken". Apparently happiness isn't even on my list. :(

But at least you will eat well.

One thing and one day at a time. :)

DreamsofSerenity 09-21-2013 08:12 AM

I got "How to tie a tie", "How to Twerk", and "How to Cook Quinoa". LOL!

Hammer 09-21-2013 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by DreamsofSerenity (Post 4193544)
"How to Cook Quinoa". LOL!

Well this IS the International Year of Quinoa . . .

Quinoa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Croissant 09-21-2013 08:21 AM

How to b...

Boil an egg
Be happy
Braid hair

Right...the fundamentals of life! Lol.

LoveMeNow 09-21-2013 09:38 AM

The blocked caller can call your phone, leave a message and text you. However, you will not receive any of it and they will not know they are blocked. Just wanted to share.