Mike's status update

Old 09-19-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey, fellow old fart -- you can do it! I am excited for you and I do hope you check in from Memphis to tell us how things are going!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
Hey, fellow old fart -- you can do it! I am excited for you and I do hope you check in from Memphis to tell us how things are going!
That's the cool part, SR goes with me so you'll still be getting my words of advice as I rock away in my country style rocking chair on my front porch.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Way to go!!!!

You ARE rocking! And I'll bet you'll be dancing, too, soon.

ShootingStar1
Old 10-02-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I'm still in Jersey but I'm officially unemployed. I'm spending this week baby sitting my 4 year old grandson and helping my SIL get the house ready for sale.

I'm exhausted! They leave early next week and then I get to go back to my place and get ready to move myself. So, less than 2 weeks until I move!

Your friend,
Old 10-02-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

so love this...

set FEAR aside and JUST DO IT! (as NIKE says)

CONGRATS! ~huggles~
Old 10-02-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am fairly new, thank you for sharing and letting those of us still finding our way that there is peace, happiness and excitement out there. You inspire a different kind of hope I think than what I was originally looking for. Someone was asking about success stories in another thread and you sure sound like a success story to me! I hope you enjoy your new life and those grandsons, I have 3 granddaughters and one more on the way in the next two weeks....I adore them and they always bring a smile. So I would like to wish you a smooth move and a million smiles!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Mike -- I recently moved as well. Changed states, jobs, cars, clothes.
I can tell you it is exceptionally freeing.
And I'm glad you intend to stick with SR (I do too) because you know what else I noticed? That when I moved, I moved with me. So there's no geographic escaping the psychological. *sigh*

But it sure is easier in new surroundings.

I thought about how alcoholics are advised to changed their habits beyond just quitting drinking -- stop hanging out with the old drinking buddies, stop driving by the old water holes, etc. And it occurred to me that what applies to them probably applies to us, too. I was trying to change while doing the same things. Hanging out with (largely) the same friends who were used to the codependent me and often didn't react all that well to me trying to change (because as we all know, change is DANGEROUS AND CONTAGIOUS!!!).

That's not why I moved -- I moved to get away from crazy ex, among other things -- but I do find that establishing new and healthier patterns is much easier when you have no old ruts to slide back into.

That's the end of my sermon. You may now continue packing your boxes.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Ok, I just woke up at my daughter's house outside of Memphis. I spent 16 hours in a car with a cat who spent 14 of the hours yelling.

So I made it, I'm safe, and am so excited to be here. Spent time with my grandsons whom I haven't seen in a year, watched some football and went to bed. Trust me I had no trouble sleeping.

Program works! In spite of everything that was going on including spending a lot more time with my AW than I wanted I held everything together, only had minor panic attacks, and came through it with my serenity intact.

Thanks to everyone here for the awesome support!

Your friend,
Old 10-14-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Oh I'm not sure who I feel most bad for, you or the poor kitty!!!