Ok call me pathetic

Old 09-18-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My heart breaks for you all that are enmeshed in relationships with active alcoholics as I was there with you for over four years myself. It is so difficult...so emotional and yes...the A's are simply amazing at their ability to play us like violins with their manipulative abilities.

Change is hard for the A and for us... especially us because we so desperately want the happy ending for all... we are hardwired that way!

But truth be told alcoholism is progressive and you could read these boards for hours and go to hundreds of AA meetings and you will not find many fairytale endings. The odds are not good and I really need to change my name to "Hope is Not Enough" because it isn't enough as hope must be harnessed to knowledge, logic, sensible boundaries and our own recovery programs to insure that we don't go down with the ship.

What I learned is that the person I was looking for was me. I am so happy now and have a built a new life in a new city (paradise in fact!) on the coast and I don't have any desire to date or meet a new man. However, if I did meet someone I would use a lot of great new skills to determine if he had the qualities I want including a very good handle on the use of alcohol and prescription drugs. There are few human beings that could now pass my vetting or background checks! LOL.

So ladies... life CAN and WILL be great again! In time...if you do the work and your own programs of dedicated recovery. Find a meeting... find a support network that you can connect with. Find a great counselor and start unwinding you and connecting back with where you want to be in 6 months, 6 years from now. One day at a time and more will be revealed.

You are worth it. You are so very, very worth a plan and program of action. Time tells all and learning how to be at peace while the mist clears is empowering.