Lying about sobriety….Part 2

Old 09-19-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MsPINKAcres View Post
I believe a private therapy sesson is a great place to discuss this ~ how great for you to do it in a respectful calm way.

It doesn't matter so much as what he does about what you said, as the fact that you were able to voice your thoughts on the situation in a healthy way.

He may or may not change ~ that's in his garden of self ~

The great miracle in this matter is that YOU have already changed for the better just by doing things differently.

That is why we say ~ "that it is possible for us to find contentment and even happiness, whether the alcoholic is still drinking or not"

pink hugs!
Thank you for your kind words and your uplifting spirit! I feel that I have found contentment and I know that I have happiness within myself. I know I have no control over anyone other myself. Once I learned that and began to practice it in every aspect of my life I truly found change for myself. Ya sure, I grumble on occasion but I can't be perfect all the time :-)

I don't think people should lie....about anything. So that urks me! But as quickly as the feeling comes along it usually goes away. Do my feelings get hurt from time to time...yes, I am human. I am in charge of my own feelings and I can't allow what my AH may say (or anyone else) put me in an unhappy spot....and if it happens I pull myself right back up!

There is no point in going thru life being miserable. There are to many wonderful things to experience!
Old 09-19-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Lying in therapy just means they're nowhere near accepting responsibility for themselves and recovering. Hence it being a huge waste of time. My AM lied through three rehab trips, but she managed to convince the therapist she was telling God's honest truth. It was a nightmare.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
Lying in therapy just means they're nowhere near accepting responsibility for themselves and recovering. Hence it being a huge waste of time. My AM lied through three rehab trips, but she managed to convince the therapist she was telling God's honest truth. It was a nightmare.
I am sorry to hear that is the situation you experienced. In out therapy session I brought it up as a situation to be addressed; he did not lie to the therapist. He admitted to drinking. I apologize if I confused anyone. I was referring to his willingness to allow others, such as friends and family, to believe he was sober.

We have only had a few sessions and this is the first time the alcohol issue was addressed. Surprisingly, it was not our initial reasoning for therapy.