I have finally walked away

Old 09-16-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have finally walked away

What can I say but thank you all very very much for posting here. If it hadn't been for SR I would probably still be putting up with all the crap that comes with being with an alcoholic. So yes I have finally walked away ,have had enough and worst of all I forgot ME throughout the 6 years I was with him. So this is it,this is where I get ME BACK. Thanks again guys,you all rock and all deserve to be happy. Don't let anyone abuse you physically,emotionally or in any form. ITS UNACCEPTABLE.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I agree. No one should be abused and good for you getting away from it. Glad you are with us.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sr. Glad to have you with us, sorry you needed to find us. This place is also really supportive with the healing.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

meback, so glad you found the help and information you needed here. Please feel free to come around any time you like, maybe to tell us all the ways in which your life has changed for the better. A little ray of sunshine and hope is always so welcome!

Good for you for taking the action you needed to take to be free and have the life you want. I hope you always remember who you are, and that you are strong.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

meback can I ask a question would you have stayed if he had gone to get help ie admitted he was an alcoholic and attended aa
Old 09-16-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lommey,numerous times I have walked out on him,and that's when he promises to get help,even went to an AA meeting,but once he gets me back in his life he goes back to his usual ways. So that's why I have had to walk away forever this time. Maybe by not having me around he will have time to reflect on his addiction.