Things are a little better...

Old 09-10-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things are a little better...

I am feeling somewhat stronger (or at least less panicked). I posted that as soon as I detached because I finally realized I cannot control him, he started on a crazy, fast downward spiral. These have been rough days with him absent from the home, kids sad, confused, money worries etc.

But- I had an interview! Big deal for me as I haven't worked for 17 years. Have no idea if I will make it to the next round but it has given me some strength and hope.

Now I get a call from him. He promises he's coming back. Promises he's going to work on staying sober. I have a few days as he is out of the country for work. If I say no, we don't want you here even sober- I'm afraid of what that will do to him.

My youngest misses him. Is sad. The only abuse is the abandonment. But that is bad enough and I'm reading so many stories about how things get worse and worse, and I don't want that to happen. Things are more than bad enough.

Anyone have wisdom on this?
Old 09-10-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First, congratulations on the interview!!! Keeping fingers crossed that you make the second round.

Just a thought, maybe think more about what the decisions will do to you and the kids than what they will do to him?
Old 09-10-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on the interview!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm just that girl

Congrats on the interview! That's an awesome feeling

Don't worry what it will do to him. He's a grown man.

Take your life back. I know it's hard. I knowwww...I'm there too. Gotta let them hit their bottom....Your issues lie with you and the kids.

The kids are sad ebcause they don't understand adult issues. They will in time.

My older daughter's father is a JERK. Just narcissistic and rude. I never said anything, and she saw it on her own when she was about 12. Kids aren't stupid...