feeling hopeful and motivated

Old 09-10-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling hopeful and motivated

I can't even begin to say how much this site and alanon have helped me in a short time. I am a writer, but have a day job that I really don't like. My boyfriend is an amazing artist and I've been encouraging and pushing him to try to make and sell more art.

I recently did an article for a local magazine and the editor really liked it. He told me he likes working with me because he barely has to correct or change anything. I've always known I've had this talent but have sabotaged and prevented myself from making a real career of it for 20 years. I'm 42. It dawned on me that I've spent a lot of time and energy encouraging my bf, but need to take my own advice and stop being so self-critical. He supports and encourages me 100%, and so do my family and friends. I am the only one who's holding myself back.

I've also started looking at developing my writing as a full-time business instead of just being all artsy fartsy about it and only writing things that would be classified as so-called literary work. I have the ability to make this into a lucrative career if I want to.

The past week or so I've been working on a new freelance resume and website. I've also been reading a book written by a very successful freelance business writer. It's not a get-rich-quick kind of thing. It's going to take hard work, but I work hard at my job for someone else so why not do it for myself doing something I really enjoy?

My confidence is growing every day. I've come to realize that the issues I thought I had overcome will always be there. It's an ongoing battle that I have to fight to maintain my mental health. I can let my issues from the past go but they will always affect me in some way. The more I do to make myself happy and challenge myself the better I'll be. It just takes focus, which I haven't had for a long time, if ever.

Hope you all have a good day!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you readerbaby! I'm so happy to see the positivity in your outlook!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes!! Do not let your past ruin your future!!

dandylion