Am I being tested?

Old 05-22-2002, 02:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Unhappy Am I being tested?

Hey all

I just need to know if I am being tested. How much can a person take? The whole thing with my A, I am trying to deal with that and doing ok, I think. I am trying to handle things around here the best I can. Then this morning I do the daily routine, get up, showered, and its time to take the dogs out. Well, the big one decides to take off...I let go of the leash but not before I fell down the the steps. My back is hurting, my legs are aching and I just thank God I didn't break anything.

I am a mess....a wreck. I can't stop crying. I think they thought I was nuts when I called work to tell them I wasn't coming in, taking some motrin and going to bed. I know I am going to feel worse tomorrow but I am so shakey.

Am I such a bad person that this stuff keeps happening to me? I know He doesn't give us more than we can handle but come on. Enough is enough. I just can't handle it anymore....

I am truly sorry for this pity party I am having for myself but I think I just need to get it out.

I need to go lay down....thanks for listening.

Debbie
Old 05-22-2002, 03:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Barbiedeb

I am glad you are taking the day off to take care of yourself. You have been through a lot lately and sometimes we all just need time to heal. Just a thought, but maybe the physical pain you are feeling right now is your body's way of saying "I hurt" and is indicative of your emotional pain too. It is so much easier to tend to physical wounds - they are obvious - than to tend to emotional wounds which we can't even define.

Take care of yourself and use the day to focus on healing. You deserve it and are worth it.

Hugs

Ann
Old 05-22-2002, 04:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

BD,

Just thought I would drop in and say...Your dog got loose, Hon...

Isn't it funny that sometimes it is the small things that put us over the edge...yesterday morning the coffee drips that my H leaves each and every morning for 20 years..and the toothpaste on the mirror (what was I thinking...I bought us an electric toothbrush!) sent me into a
rage. I am glad he was gone.

You took the day...good for you...you needed it! Now find Ben and Jerry...I ousted them from my house and they are very willing to offer comfort.

Let me tell you about my dog...Mad Murph The Dog From Hell...he knocked me on my butt once in the middle of OBEDIENCE SCHOOL!!!! (we fluncked... )

Luv ya,
JT
Old 05-22-2002, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Guys

Sorry for having my break down on here. I guess there were many things combined making me loose it. I've talked to my doctor, she's given me something for the aches and pains both physically and mentally.

I guess I need a break from from every thing. I am going to go read, think, and rest.

You guys are great.

Take care and many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 05-22-2002, 12:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Dear Barbie,

When you have a minute, please read my post in CIR under Why Did You Doubt by Rev. I hope it helps.

I'm glad it was the darn dog and not someone! Why is it we have to get hit over the head before we are good to ourselves? I felt like a piece of junk and unloved for so many years, but NO MORE. My HP didn't make any junk.

Rainbows of hugs,

Beverly

(I seem to be going through a rainbow phase!)
Old 05-22-2002, 01:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Beverly aka Pickle

Thanks for bringing that to my attention it really did help me to realize that I need to turn some of this stuff over (before getting hit in the head). I am slowly learning. My hubby was told to pray first thing every morning and when he did, it seemed to help him, when he was working it. I now I am working it, just not all the time. I know things don't happen over night but wouldn't it be great if they did

You take care.
Many hugs,
Love
Debbie
Old 05-22-2002, 02:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hey Deb,
Sometimes we handle a lot more than we realize. Then when we fall apart we look at ourselves and wonder what is wrong with us.

I did this recently and when I stopped and thought of all the things I did in 2 weeks I was shocked and wondered how I did it. Just like J.T. said, it really isn't the toothpaste on the mirror that caused the emotions to surface. I went through the same thing last week when the gardner picked my flowers thinking they were weeds. I couldn't sleep I was so upset.

I don't think it was the flowers that were bothering me that much. It was just the one thing that made me overflow. We are not without limits to the amount we can cope with.

Protect yourself right now and nurse yourself back to health. Don't take on anything that isn't absolutely necessary. I didn't clean my house or do my dishes or laundry or anything this weekend. It can wait. I had to rest for my own sanity. You need to do the same thing.

Love you,

MG

Old 05-22-2002, 04:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey MG

Thanks. I guess I was at the breakdown point. I took off today to nurse myself, and I don't think I am going to work tomorrow either. I had scheduled off on Friday for a long weekend with the holiday on Monday, so it will be a week of me time. Only doing what I need to do.

I appreciate you being here. It really helps alot.

Take care.
Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie