going to an al anon meeting for the first time tonight.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm so glad it felt that way to you too. Funny part is I didn't cry that much at the meeting.. but I sure did last night.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I didn't cry or talk at all. I did have some casual conversation with a few of the ladies before and after. They were all so kind.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It must be newbie night because I went to my first meeting tonight too! I did speak a little about myself, but I was the last one. Wasn't quite sure what I wanted to say.

I met some very nice people and had a nice chat with one of them after the meeting. And I did cry, but just a little. It felt so good to be with people who "get it".
Old 09-05-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My first Alanon was very pleasant...I was the only male there but it didn't matter...I completely related to every one....it was a small group....lasted an hour....several readings from Alanon lit..different from many meetings I have been to throughout the U.S.....did some readings and then whoever wanted to comment did...ended with the Lord's prayer...but that was okay...just liked holding hands....

I suggest not going to meetings alone...make some Alanon friends and go out to dinner before the meeting and/or coffee afterward
Old 09-05-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HopefulinFLA View Post
It must be newbie night because I went to my first meeting tonight too! I did speak a little about myself, but I was the last one. Wasn't quite sure what I wanted to say.

I met some very nice people and had a nice chat with one of them after the meeting. And I did cry, but just a little. It felt so good to be with people who "get it".
Good for you....

One of my first meetings I started to cry and got up and left the meeting...a person came out to talk....but I just left in my own misery!