Am I right?

Old 09-02-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I right?

Hi all, so I deviated from the advice here and had contact with xabf last week. He's having outpatient surgery in the morning and he had asked me if I could drive him to the hospital and back home. Stupidly I said yes. So Friday he called me and wanted to spend time with ds. I had made prior arrangements so I told him maybe Sat coz we had plans, he then got all mad and said I was being unreasonable since he had taken it upon himself to be a father figure to my son (he's not his real father), I got mad and told him not to do me or ds any favors, we had plans and that was that. He hung up in me and u haven't heard from him since. I have called him throughout the weekend with no response, so I sent him a txt and wished him well with the surgery and that I had gotten the hint. Now he txts me saying he still needs a ride to the hosp and back home. I haven't replied and I won't, I figure if it was that important to him he would have communicated over the weekend and that his response was only because of the finality of my text. Am now going strictly NC, now I see why you all who've been here before me recommend it, he's trying to pull me back in. Am I right? Should have gone NC to begin with. Ugh!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He is trying to suck you back in and you quickly went back into codie mode calling him back all weekend.

Lots of us make those mistakes.

Start over right now with no contact, let him find his own darn ride.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are right. He needs you for his own selfish needs. "Let go or be dragged"
He can make arrangements for a ride....you can not be his only solution. Stay strong and stay No Contact!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both so much for your responses. I did go into full codie mode with that one...progress not perfection. Will not reply to him, he has family here anyways he can call them, or a cab. Should make for an interesting day at work tomorrow coz his surgery is at my job....argh
Old 09-02-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Steer clear tomorrow....phone off if need be!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lucky for me I just got a call from work...will be in a different dept, separate buildings so I won't even see him. Thank God.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think he needs to take a taxi or find someone else to take him to the hospital.

Going NC is a good idea IMO.