Now his mother

Old 08-30-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now his mother

So my fiancé is doing great with his methadone and staying clean meetings every day! He's done a complete 360 for the better he's amazing again (prayers it lasts) now his mother has been an alcoholic for about 2 years now and it's extremely severe he lives in Philly with her and his father. Recently her drinking has gone from mild alcoholic to raging can't sit up falling talking crazy falling off the toilet not eating sleeping 24/7 2 pints of vodka in the morning 6 beers by lunch a 5th of anything she can find for dinner alcoholic. It began to get worse when my fiancé left for rehab he was gone for about 22 days and he came back to a raging alcoholic mother. She won't go willingly to rehab or an asylum (she's crazy as well) at this point we need to drop her off at a crisis unit because she's at that seizure death point if alcoholism I've noticed. I don't know what to do his mother is the sweetest kindest bend over backwards woman? Any positive advice or hope for my soon to be mother in law before death?
Old 08-30-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Her husband just screamed at her that he hated her and he wants a divorce and to get her the fu** out of his house I can't help but cry because it reminds me of all the time he's was getting high and I wanted out so bad but the love I had held me longer until he got better. She's about 57 her health is horrible. I need as many prayers as possible this woman is an angel consumed by alcoholism we can't lose her. Do people that get dropped off at a hospital for being an alcoholic get better? I know she has to want to change she says she wants to but the only way to save her from dying is to drop her and drive on and not look back until at least 3 months later. I love my fiancé so much it hurts to see him take care of his mother but at the same time I guess he gets to see what he put me through all the lies and heartache.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

yep...run to an AL ANON meeting....