O/T My cat Misty

Old 08-29-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

O/T My cat Misty

There is a long story behind this, but I thought this pic was so cute. It's my cat Misty taking care of my mink.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Awwwww...how cute!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ok, story was, my mom had given me a mink that looked like this. I loved it, I know it was out of fashion, I used it for halloween, but anyway, my ex took it from me and wore it when he went camping out in the snow, and he left it there. One of his friends, who then turned out to be a better friend of mine, tried to replace it for me. He had found this really phoney fox thing, it was just the effort that he put into it, so that he could make things better for me, just melted my heart.

Anyway, when I left my house, I had little chance to take the things that I really had wanted. That stupid phoney imitation fox was one of them. Think I actually liked that one better then the real thing.

So I go to flea markets, and garage sales. I finally found a replica of what I originally had. So I buy it, and I hang it up on my curtain rod, (don't worry, it's ok, I live in a log cabin)

My cat Misty, started to jump up and bring that mink down everyday. And I kept hanging it up. Couldn't take it anymore, I didn't want my cat to destroy the mink so I put it away.

For some reason, I took it out the other night, and put it on the floor to see what Misty would do. She went over there and she cleaned him, then she fell asleep with him. It was just so cute.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Misty, and now called Mynx, sleeping together
Old 08-29-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Napolean joined the party, so Misty had to clean him also.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What funny, funny kitties!!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you---that is so heartwarming. Isn't it great what joy that animals bring us in our daily lives.

And they do it all sober!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dandylion
Old 08-29-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

And now I can different memories of my moms mink. Cats are really special. They are so sweet, so innocent. I just love them
Old 08-29-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Me too!!

dandylion
Old 08-29-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
KKE

They are so gorgeous! I love it when cats show love, you know they must really mean it! I love Mistys grey coat! My cat is grey too, beautiful!
Old 08-29-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Adorable. I love kitties. So glad you shared!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That is hysterical! It looks like she truly loves that stuffed little varmint!

Your cats are so beautiful. And I agree about cats being special. My Siamese has been my best friend during the past nine months. Taking a break from everything and sitting with her purring on my lap sometimes feels like the healthiest thing I do all day!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Cats are INNOCENT???? You haven't met mine. I bought a nice new top-of-the-line scratching post for them to protect the new berber carpet. My "good" cat took to it right away and hasn't touched the carpet for scratching purposes. The evil one (who disguises her evilness by being fluffy and adorable and annoyingly affectionate) has completely IGNORED the scratching post (even when I was flicking a long string over it), and prefers to work on the stairs.

Cute pics!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Lexie, have you tried a flat scratcher? I've got one cat who also likes to scratch the carpet. I put one of those flat cardboard scratching boxes right on the area she always goes for and it solved the problem--at least for now. I figured out she just doesn't like to scratch verticle surfaces.

Also, sometimes they don't like to share scratching posts because of their silly little territorial disputes.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
A work in progress

She's got nothing against vertical surfaces--the back of my chair is evidence of that. And they have shared a scratching post for years and years, so it isn't a territorial thing. The one difference is that this one is a sisal sheet around the post, rather than rope (the rope was always shredding and shedding fibers). I did see her scratch it briefly, this morning, after I yelled at her for scratching the ottoman and took her over to the new scratching post. Hopefully she gets used to it.