SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Checking In (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/30535-checking.html)

DefofLov 05-28-2004 08:57 AM

Checking In

Hello Family :tongue3:

I am back in Syracuse and working at my summer job and all is well. My mother was perfectly understanding about my not wanting to live with her anymore. She has been very supportive and I am very happy right now. We are getting along great. I dont have to deal with the rest of the family either. I am really enjoying my summer without the alcohol and bad memories. I am so relieved. Today my mom is taking me to get some food and I am so excited. The place I am staying at currently has no food. I have my issues but I feel so much better about everything. I have come a long way.

amarie 05-28-2004 09:02 AM

Welcome back Def--I knew you'd find a computer someplace. I'm glad things are going so well for you. Even though the weather stinks here. When will it ever stop raining? Glad you're going to get some food, too! Remember--
Take it one day at a time with your Mom. Good luck and keep in touch. Have a great summer. Maybe the sun will come out eventually. :raincloud :raincloud :raincloud

Lorelai 05-28-2004 09:03 AM

Def -
I've been thinking about you & hoping that everything was going great. I'm so happy that you sound so happy and glad you checked in.
L

McKrazy 05-28-2004 12:49 PM

thanks for checking back in, it's weird when a member of the "family" disappears. Glad you found a computer and can check in periodically to let us know how you're doing. You sound "up", I'm really glad! Keep growing!!! from freaky friday: "make good choices, honey!" LOL

Gabe 05-28-2004 01:28 PM

Hey Def,
Glad you checked in and glad to hear that things are going well for you.
You HAVE come a long way, hooray for you!
Gabe

DefofLov 06-01-2004 07:14 AM

Thanx so much for the support everyone, reminds me that people really do care about me. hugz and kizzez!!! :-)

smoke gets in my eyes 06-01-2004 07:24 AM

((( Def! )))

Okay, you scared the big codie. What do you mean "has no food"? Are you eating properly? Everything else sounds so positive!

Hugs!

DefofLov 06-01-2004 07:41 AM

Don't worry Smoke, Mom actually took me to get some food this past weekend, which was rare and very nice of her. We had a nice time. Thingz have been so much better between us since I moved out. She has been so supportive. So, I am all set now. :fest06:

Magichappens 06-01-2004 07:47 AM

Hey Def,
So glad to hear from you. I missed you a lot. You have always been so supportive, and I am so glad things are going well for you. I hope you can keep in touch over the summer. Hugs, Magic

LovingMom 06-01-2004 10:22 AM

Hey baby girl....so very glad that you have checked in. I know that things and situations can get away from us...glad that you found a computer so you can do regular checkins. Just let us know from time to time that you are alright. I'm glad that you are getting along better with the maternal figure. Just know that this Mom is thinking about you.

Mom

bookworm 06-01-2004 10:14 PM

Hey, so there you are !! :) :)
Great to hear you're happy and getting on with your mum - just keep eating properly won't you...we don't want you suddenly disappearing down a grate one fine day, do we?!
big HugZ
Sandra