Do you ever just feel stuck?

Old 05-28-2004, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do you ever just feel stuck?

There are so many ways in which you may have felt "stuck" through out your relationship with your A.
I know that for me, I have felt stuck for years and years. Those feelings of feeling stuck changed reasons occassionally, but were still there haunting me every day. Which feeling stuck only made me feel worse in the long run.
Even now that my A husband is not living here, I feel stuck. He's been sober since the day after our last big episode (4 1/2 months ago). But while I may have felt financially stuck in past years, or felt the need to do the right thing and make my marriage work, or felt it was best for my kids, or whatever --- I now sit in limbo of not being able to take him back and yet not just divorcing him and getting it over with. *sigh* Again, I still feel stuck.
Anyone else ever just feel stuck when it comes to your A's?
Old 05-28-2004, 05:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

My A is my son and yes I have felt stuck. Recently I let him go...for real...he walked out of my house making his own choices and a switch flipped. I let him go. All the work trying to let him go must have paid off because I was able to recognize it when it finally happened.

That must be the key because instead of feeling like I am dragging him around like a ball and chain I am now unstuck. And it feels great!

The plan has already been determined, you just don't know what it is so letting go of him doesn't mean you are giving up. You are simply admitting that you are powerless. Then you are free to go about the business of living each day.

Hugs,
JT
Old 05-28-2004, 05:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

I feel it everyday! Like you for a different reason each day, but each and every day. Financial one day, emotionally the next, for the kids the next and on and on and on...do we ever really get free of it all??
Old 05-28-2004, 05:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy

I KNOW just what you mean!! MY A is my husband he has always been the breadwinner of the family, I have been disabled for 6 years with 4 children.
I live in a small town where rent is not all that affordable. My AH has signed himself out of rehab insist on going through Detox here at home, he is taking medicine to help him through it but is sneaking around drinking on top of it.
I have threatened to leave so many times, IT IS HARD leaving a good man. This whole mess is effecting my kids so bad, and I know Alonon says " If removing your self from the situation is what you choose is best for you, leave as if you have no plans to return" I guess that is my problem I THINK if I leave he will feel as though he is loosing it all and stop. I guess I have not learned the * Let Go and Let God" part yet.
I FEEL STUCK! My mother past away 3 years ago, and I have no family here my closest sister is 3000 miles away.
Just wanted you to know I KNOW the feeling of stuck
Old 05-28-2004, 01:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"stuck"..... yep, I feel it! But also feeling like I'm growing and making decisions that make me feel a little less stuck at times. SSSSSSLLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWW progress, I think that's called. What's great is that you can easity picture feeling stuck, physically and calling out "need a little help here", and here comes old S.R., holding out a whole mess of hands. Thanks guys!
Pam
Old 05-28-2004, 01:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I choose to believe that my HP has a plan for me. The work that I am doing and the things that I am learning about myself are preparing me for that plan. When I feel this way, it is much easier to focus on the steps of my recovery and not worry so much about what is going to happen with my marriage and my H's drinking.

Of course, my focus gets pretty blurry once in a while but I try. :shades:

L