My husband was in a motorcycle accident - Part 2

Old 08-24-2013, 11:14 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hoping today is a better day for you Rotz ~ love and prayers again.

V xx
Old 08-25-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You can always take yourself to dinner and movie!

Hope work went well and you can rest and enjoy your new flowers today!!
Old 08-25-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I was off this weekend. My dad n brother are coming over to do my electrical for the pool so I can get the permit out of the way.

He was telling me yesterday that I've ruined this marriage n I had no business sending him to the hospital. He's been ranging about all the pain I've caused him n I told him that I feel pain n he said, no you don't!

So selfish. It's all the bottle. I guess the links in our marriage are all broken. That's how it feels. He's I capable of feeling for me in any way. It hurts but it doesn't surprise me. He said, I'll never forgive you. He also said he's notgoing back to the neurological unit after this last appointment. I guess if he needs medical treatment, he should do it on his own or be incapacitated by the time I get home or wake up.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Enjoy your time with Dad and Brother.

IMHO I would really step away from engaging in these insane conversations with him. Walk away when it starts. Stay away from him until he stops. He's talking smack~don't engage. You are only frustrating yourself sweetie!

I know you know all this and are just venting, but sometimes a gentle reminder can't hurt, right?!?!

Keep yourself sane and walk away from the quacking Rotz!!

Enjoy your day!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

You are right Kat! I need to do this more! He told me when he drinks, I'm the reason I end up so hurt. I don't know if that is true or not?!!! It hurts to see him pick it up because he has shown me it's not going to be one day but several lumped together. He says trust me n I just can't! If he could have a Drink once in awhile, my ass would not be here!!! Ya know?!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Yesterday was day 3 n I'm suppose to trust him on his once in awhile/one day a week bullshėt? He stood me up for a effin bottle. So how did I hurt myself? I waited all day for him to remember n at 9pm I told himhe stood me up n he said, I have a brain injury! I forgot! He ddidn't forget to drink though.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Box,

I'm learning not to trust anything AH says, but believe everything he does. He's just so full of hot air. It's sad, but if you learn to expect less you won't be quite so disappointed.

So sorry you're dealing with all this nonsense.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
Yesterday was day 3 n I'm suppose to trust him on his once in awhile/one day a week bullshėt? He stood me up for a effin bottle. So how did I hurt myself? I waited all day for him to remember n at 9pm I told himhe stood me up n he said, I have a brain injury! I forgot! He ddidn't forget to drink though.
was it Day 3 of drinking or Day 3 of sobriety? I'm confused.

you can't think he will give rational conversation to you...it's like talking to a zucchini. don't have expectations, he will keep disappointing you...you know what is coming down the hill sooner or later.

I think you need to build a network of friends/family that can support and understand you, you need someone to lean on too.

I hope you have a good visit with Dad and brother today.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Day 3 of being a drunk! God forbid he live in reality!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

i read this yesterday on fb
SOBER....Son of A Biotch, Everything's Real....

ttyl, i'm heading over to my brother's too....hoping to escape my" little darling" daughters latest drama too.
i do hope that your car is not damaged from the broom beatdown.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Well Rotz, he might be on to something here:

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
He told me when he drinks, I'm the reason I end up so hurt.
Hear me out...

You are hurting yourself by staying in. The same house while he is drinking. Period.

You are hurting yourself by allowing yourself to believe (for even a second) that he will not stand you up when he is drinking.

You are hurting yourself by engaging in useless conversation with him when he drinks.

You are hurting yourself by believing that what he says when he is sober means anything in the grand scheme of things, because you already know that all that is out the window after the first drink.

You are hurting yourself by thinking that your support will change anything what-so-ever where his behavior and drinking are concerned.

Take care of yourself Rotz and disengage some darlin' ...for your own sanity.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

And we are about to embark on Day 4.

Like really... go ahead n ask me if it's ok!!! I say no n I'm a effin bitch n I say do what you want n I have to figure out a way not to feel so incredibly hurt. I'm expected to keep my effin mouth shut.

Excuse my while I go pull the knife out of my heart...
Old 08-25-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Can you get outta there for a while today Rotz? Do something for yourself that you enjoy?
Old 08-25-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

No I can't. I'm doing electrical work on the pool today because my inspection permit is almost expired. I don't have the money laying around for a new permit. I've beenwaiting to get this done but I've beenworking n taking care of an alcoholic.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Gotcha...
Well, hoping you can at least find a couple of hours of peace with your Dad and Brother doing your thing and leave Jim to do his own thing...
I know you are hurting...wish I could help...
Kat
Old 08-25-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

He's got a massive headache. His words not mine. He said, don't call the cops. I won't call anyone. I hate this because he needs medical attention and my hands are tied. I will have to wait til his body gives out n I can imply consent. He will push his body to the absolute limit n it infuriates me. His brain is not doing well with the vodka. He told me today his legs wouldn't work. Another sign to get to ER. That would cut into his drinking though.

Really feel that I will be widowed in the near future. It scares the EFF out of me.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

His head hurts on the right side. That's where all the blood n fluid is pooling. I won't sleep well tonight or be comfortable leaving for work. I'm nervous of what's to come.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

911 ain't the cops...call them

He is putting this horrible burden on you to sit and do nothing while he complains of his self inflicted ****.

Call 911 ~ he's not giving you a choice and you shouldn't feel like the ******** for leaving him to die because he doesn't have the sense to put it down and take care of himself.

Let him die on his own watch. Call 911
Old 08-25-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Praying hard for you Box. He's not even seeing reality anymore. This is torture for you.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Rotz - I've been reading all along, sending you hugs and prayers, but as a former RN, I can only tell you what I would do.

Call 911. If he tries to refuse their help, explain that he's had a brain bleed, he's drinking alcohol, and his judgment is impaired. They may, or may not, take him him. Regardless, you will have done your best.

I GET that you don't see him surviving all of this. TBH, I tend to agree.

What I'm concerned about is if he doesn't make it? Are YOU going to be filled with "I wish I had done...." thoughts.

Neuro was my specialty in nursing. I can't give medical advice here, for good reason. What I can tell you, as another codie who loves an A (or several in my situation...family members) - call 911. Tell them the recent history and that he continues to drink. It's not betrayal, it's just facts.

Leave him to the professionals and take care of you, sweetie. You have no control over what he is going to do, but you do have control over your life.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy