Feedback wanted.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feedback wanted.

Please read this post from my thread and tell me which parts were pure bs?!

Follow up:
My qualifier started getting sober a few days before I went on a six week trip. I had lots of time to think about my relationship with him. I returned to find him as many weeks sober! He looked great and it felt good to be around him. But I still had trust issues. I was also feeling like something was missing and I wondered if he was going to need his space to
focus on his recovery. Tonight we decided that it would be best to be apart. I'm very sad but also very relieved to know he would be working on his recovery without me. It's something I knew I didn't want to go through with him. After all this time of him saying he needed me he is choosing to take care of himself. I'm very proud of him. I'm also proud of myself for initiating the conversation and asking the questions that led to the decision. Of course we brought up old resentments and there was some arguing but it all led to a very healthy parting. I'm going to miss him tremendously but I'm excited about putting my life back together, getting back to MY meetings, and focusing on my dreams.
Thanks for listening!!
Gs
Old 08-17-2013, 10:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Okay, I'll start
I found out he was actually drinking at the time. His family is feeling desperate again. One family member even went so far as to tie up his legs so he couldn't leave, as well as taking his keys and his wallet.
As much as I wanted to believe he was really working hard to stay sober, it turns out he was just trying to keep me away so he could drink.
Baffling!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goodstitch View Post
Baffling!
No - it's alcoholism. It will never make sense to you.

His family needs some help though!! Good heavens!
Old 08-18-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks TG!
I wanted to tell them to go to a meeting SO BADLY! Anyway, I read a post about the "intermittent chicken" so I'm just going to mind my own business and deal eith my own issues of why I'm not letting go.
GS
Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by goodstitch View Post

But I still had trust issues.
I understand THAT.

I'm excited about putting my life back together, getting back to MY meetings, and focusing on my dreams.
I like that. I like THAT -- A LOT!

Thanks for listening!!
Good to listen to. Pardon whilst I listen again . . .

I'm excited about putting my life back together, getting back to MY meetings, and focusing on my dreams.
Yeeeaaahhhh . . . . That's the GOOD stuff.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's not personal, at all, he is in his disease, i'm sorry you were betrayed again.

Take care of you, you will heal.