O/T (kind of) Online Diary Recommendations?

Old 08-17-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

O/T (kind of) Online Diary Recommendations?

Does anyone know of a good free online diary site? The AH has torn up my notebooks in the past, not to mention I don't particularly want him reading anything anyway. Not that he really cares enough to get a glimpse into how I feel lol - I'm more concerned with it not being destroyed.

My biggest concern would be privacy.

Thanks! Hope everyone is having a good night.

Peace.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There are a lot of diary apps..I used to have one but now I just write everything in notes on my phone and ipad.

BTW, I started reading "Why Does He Do That?" (About abusive men). It is SO good. If you haven't read it, I recommend it. I was thinking about you while I read it.

HUGS
Old 08-17-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There are a lot of diary apps..I used to have one but now I just write everything in notes on my phone and ipad.

BTW, I started reading "Why Does He Do That?" (About abusive men). It is SO good. If you haven't read it, I recommend it. I was thinking about you while I read it.

HUGS
Old 08-17-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am not sure why that posted twice. I must really want you to read that book!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Try 750words.com. It's private and it applies all kinds of measurements to your writing, including your mood. It's a great tool for reflection.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OnawaMiniya View Post
Does anyone know of a good free online diary site? The AH has torn up my notebooks in the past, not to mention I don't particularly want him reading anything anyway. Not that he really cares enough to get a glimpse into how I feel lol - I'm more concerned with it not being destroyed.

My biggest concern would be privacy.

Thanks! Hope everyone is having a good night.

Peace.
LOL upon reading that, it might be confusing.

Here, in this house, my biggest concern is it not being destroyed.

Online, my biggest concern would be privacy. I was reading reviews and one person had trouble with a site, others could see what they had written.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DreamsofSerenity View Post

HUGS
Aww, thanks for thinking of me, you're so sweet

Actually, I have that book lol. Think I'll go grab it tomorrow morning, it's buried in my closet lol. I have a few books. After a 9 year relationship ended I dated this one guy who was manipulative and verbally abusive. So after that ended I bought a few books to read. Gonna find them tomorrow.

Thanks DOS. How you are well. Hugs
Old 08-17-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Try 750words.com. It's private and it applies all kinds of measurements to your writing, including your mood. It's a great tool for reflection.
Thank you much! I was trying to read online reviews of different sites but some of them seemed less like reviews and more like ads. Figured I'd ask on here.

I will definitely check it out.

Peace.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I need to look into that website Florence recommended. Currently I use ijournaler as an app and it is password protected. I use that one to write the crappy negative mess in my mind stuff. I have another writing journal that I use for working my steps, journaling my prayers, etc. I figure if anyone finds that one, it's pretty honest and positive and not filled with anger. I save the angry stuff for where I can password protect it.

Also, if you use google and have a google email address, you can use their 'drive' and create your own word docs. As long as you log out of your email address, they will be password protected by your google email password and you can easily print them if necessary.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I was also nervous about an online site and security for journaling. "Day One" is the application I use on my MacBook. There is also an app for the iphone/ipad and you can set it up to sync your notes across all platforms. It is password protected. If desired you can add your location and upload photos to your entry.

I'm not the best at journalling, but this app has really helped. As I deal with my issues, I have found it helpful to look back. I started using Day One in 2010. Guess what? Same stuff - different day.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I use LifeJournal, which has a special version especially for people in recovery.

I haven't written in it in a couple of years, but I liked it very much. What's cool is that you can also attach documents, webpage links, images, etc., and customize it and password-protect it.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks again, I just signed up! Looking forward to there being zero chance of finding my note book with the pages torn out and torn up!

Old 08-19-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Florence, I just signed up there too. Looking forward to using this on a regular basis; it will be interesting to see how it all works out!

Thanks!