Frustrated with myself

Old 08-05-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frustrated with myself

I have said I am going to AlAnon meetings for the last 2 Mondays and had excuses not to go. I WILL go tonight! I am frustrated that I am keeping myself from moving forward. I served my AH divorce papers and he signed the...but we haven't done anything else. AH has stopped drinking but is not going to AA, is abstaining but I wouldn't say recovery. We're getting along, househould is calm, but I know it's just a matter of time before he starts AGAIN. But I'm not setting any deadlines for him to leave, because he is being so GOOD (and I'm broke until Iget my first paycheck from the new job I start next week). I need to get him out and work on my issues, and let him work on his alcoholism. But I worry about him finding a place to live and taking care of himself, and his legal problems, and immigration case. I need to worry about me and my kids. No questions for you guys, just had to think out loud...comments or thoughts are welcome though.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

just hugs and support here!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're going to AlAnon tonight.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pandoraxxx View Post
But I worry about him finding a place to live and taking care of himself, and his legal problems, and immigration case.
This = BAD! He's a grown man, let him figure life out all by himself.

I need to worry about me and my kids.
This = GOOD! It is all you have control over, anyway. And imagine what you can achieve when you take that energy directed at him and redirect it toward yourself!