Please...Say a prayer for us

Old 08-05-2013, 09:10 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OnawaMiniya View Post
Well AH went to the store for drink. Asked me to drive him. I said no I'm not helping you with that are you insane?

Either walked or rode bike.
Sending hugs, OnawaMiniya. Small note: riding a bike under the influence isn't exactly any safer. AXH did it (probably quite a lot) and on one trip ran into a car and ended up breaking his shoulder and is lucky it wasn't worse. Just to be clear: HE ran into the car, not the other way around. Just something to keep in mind.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. Wishing you a measure of peace and continued strength.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I know how this feels. To have some hope and have those hopes cut dead.

When I finally manipulated my XABF into going to AA, he lasted all of one month. I hoped it was THE answer.

He just didn't want to do it. He did not want to be sober.

As far as I know OM, and I saw him not too long ago from a distance - he's still a drunk and a drug addict. Oh, he could be a nice enough person but his life choices were just too disgusting. (He was a total weekend binger, slurring, stumbling, non reliable, always short of cash).

Once I stopped focusing on him and turned my focus on me life became even more uncomfortable for a while. It's so much easier to focus on someone else's problems instead of our own. I can actually get lost in someone else's drama. So much more interesting than my own.

Hang in there OM - ultimately this is up to him. I know you love him, and it's very hard to accept. Just take it one day at a time... baby steps. Wishing you strength right now.

Lyn
Old 08-06-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thinking of you. Take care - it seems so wrong that you have to suffer and go through this when it isn't your fault.
helena
Old 08-06-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thank you all so very much for the kindness.

Hoping you are all well.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thoughts & prayers are with you.
Oh & hugs of course.