o/t I am technically illiterate !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

OK, realized I am doing the post the pics all wrong. If you click on the pic that is still there, it brings up my whole photo gallery. I'm going to leave that up until Monday, and hopefully I will be able to figure out how to just post one pic. Will be deleting the pic that is shown here on Monday, and that will stop this from going into whole photo bucket.

I just wanted to do this one pic at a time. Will also be showing the stone work done on the front of the house next week, and also the house re stained. They will still be working on the railings on the deck next week, (sorry guys, but will not show pics of my shirtless contractors, lol), so will show that when house is finished.

I so love my house right now, and my 4 cats. Life is great !!!!!!!

Hopefully will be technologically improved (instead of impaired) by Monday.

ps - I was really only trying to practice posting pics in this thread !!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Amy - when you go to photobucket, click on the picture you want to post. On the right side of the screen are 4 image codes. Click on the bottom one (I think it's IMG) It will blink "copied". Come back to SR and click control-v (or paste) and that image code should come up.

Took me foreeever to figure it out!

Hugs and prayers,

Another Amy
Old 08-03-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Amy, thats what I did, but did not have privacy setting on. When I tried to change the privacy setting, it said it would only be for future pics, not for ones already posted. So I cancelled that account. That should take effect on Monday.

I also read somewhere while researching this, that whenever they update photo bucket, that the settings go to the default ones, and that you should always check your settings before posting a pic.

So I changed my settings to "private", clicked on the pic here, and it still came up with everything I have. Even though I requested acct be cancelled, and changed settings.

Going to try a different way on Monday. I think if I go to my pictures on my computer, and open it in "paint" there is a resize tool there. If that works, then I can do it like that. Geez, computers really freak me out !!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That tile and the cabinets are AWESOME!
Old 08-03-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

If it makes ya feel any better, I clicked n can't see additional pics.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

But did you wait a few seconds for it to download them?

edited to add: I just checked, and I can still see them, it just takes a few seconds for them to download.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I just looked through them and I thought, That looks like a log home! My dad's wife had one built in the mountains. The guys literally shipped every log and built it. It's gorgeous and so is yours. Love the kitties. I was thinking the other day, if I want treated like crap, I oughta get a cat!
Old 08-03-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Cats do give you a lot of crap, especially 4 of them.!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I had talked AH into letting me have a kitty and he finally said yes. I named him Puddy Tuddy. He was a cool cat but unfortunately met the underside of my wheel when I was on my way to work. Never even knew it and AH called me screaming because I actually did it right in front of him. I felt terrible and he won't let me have another one and I don't think Boo (Rottweiler) would either. I feed her RAW and she looks at bunnies, groundhogs and the neighbor's cats like it's lunchtime. lol Dog can eat a whole chicken in 5 minutes!
Old 08-04-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Gorgeous kitchen!! I love it. Great job designing it.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Beautiful! Love, love, love the tile work. And a screened in porch, too. I'm jealous.
Thanks for persevering with the photo link so you could show us.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Your new kitchen looks great! (But, I can't see a before .....)
Old 08-05-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by HopefulmomtoD View Post
Your new kitchen looks great! (But, I can't see a before .....)
If you click the photo you will see ALL the photos. They aren't labeled before and after, but if you look carefully you can tell which are which.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I deleted my photobucket acct on Saturday. It was supposed to be deactivated today. I didn't have my privacy settings right, and it kept bringing up my whole album. So I changed my privacy setting, but I could still bring up my whole album, a member here told me that they couldn't do that.

So I called a member here, and I was able to bring up the whole album by clicking on a picture, but she couldn't.

Am I making sense?

So I am going to try to reactivate that account today, and keep the privacy settings on it. It was just really freaking me out on Saturday.

Was gone all day yesterday, and just got back today. Went to my adoptive familys reunion. When I moved in with friends over 4 years ago, their parents, sisters, brothers, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc, they all adopted me. I am part of their family now. It turned out to be a beautiful day, and was really good to spend this time with "my family".

Still working on this picture thing, and I thought if you clicked on the thumbnail pics? (is that what they call them?) that a larger one opens, and I do have them labeled, or at least I think I do. The old kitchen is the yellow countertop.

Anything in it that has obvious outdoor patio furniture are also old pictures. Woodstove, the ones with the black stone in the front corner are old pictures, newer ones are with the quarter circle, and raised hearth. Other wood stove in basement is still as is, didn't get to the basement yet, that is after the outside of the house is done.

This was all just a lot of testing, when I do my thread, it will all be in order. So still working on pics today.

Cats ----- Misty and Buffy I adopted as kittens from the ASPCA, my sister later on asked me if I could care for Mimi, and Napolean for a month. 2 1/2 months later, she told me that her daughter still could not take them back yet, and that I should just drop them off at a shelter. If anyone knows me, they know that I cannot do that. Thats how I got 4 cats, but I love them all.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Love your home Amy, just beautiful and thanks Lexie for mentioning clicking on the picture to see more pics I kept thinking what am I missing here I didn't see a new frig or stove!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

you will always be able to see your whole album Amy - if noone else can, you have the settings right

D
Old 08-05-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
you will always be able to see your whole album Amy - if noone else can, you have the settings right

D

I did realize that. (lol), that's why I had to call a member here to see if she was seeing it also, I saw it, she didn't. Decided to leave it public for today, then private tomorrow. I also did reactivate the photobucket. But, wow, doesn't take much to flip me out.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

My house was so ugly before this was all done I couldn't even take a pic of it. There is still work to be done, a little bit more with finishing the stone, then grouting it, the finishing the rails, on the decks, and replacing the screens, and of course, getting rid of all the garbage in front of my house, but wanted to give you a sneak preview.

Thanks everyone for bearing with me through all these problems that I am having with posting a picture.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thanks Freedom,

And yes, my little mimi, that cat does not like cats. She loves me though. And I hate to say this but if I could find her a really good home, where she could be the only cat, I would do it for her. She is a sweetie, she just doesn't play nice with the others. No real cat fights or anything like that, I think she wants the others to like her, I think she tries to play with the others, but she hisses at them, and they are afraid of her, (lol) so I just need to give her a little extra love.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I was blessed with 4 wonderful cats. You know how when a stranger comes over and your cat disappears under the bed for days !!!!!!!!!!! Mine run to the door to greet the person, won't leave the person alone. (lol) and when you have your grandchildren over and they decide to chase the cats, so you watch this, then you watch the grandchildren running back into the room with the cats chasing them !!!!!!!!!!! (hilarious)

and Freedom, so sorry to hear about your special angel. She will be at the rainbow bridge, and you will see her again.