Officially Divorced. I feel weird...

Old 08-05-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
My emotional baggage

Thanks Everyone!

Sorry I was not on to say thanks but I had to go visit my Dad in So Cal this weekend so I had a nice relaxing 6 hour each way drive over two day to do.

I am already starting to feel a little better. It is funny I was upset because the divorce happened to land the date of my parents anniversary and they were married over 40 years, so seemed weird. Plus he and his attorney had missed both financial meetings in the week or so prior so really I didnt think we would be going over anything. So I had to have an intense two hour meeting regarding money right before going into the court room and making the divorce final.

I was upset feeling like he was getting more assets and how does it work out that an abusive A-hole (that would be the alcoholic hole, of course, heehee) should really end up with anything when the boys and I have gone with so little for so long!?!?

Well now that I have had some time apart and some long talks on the drive with my sister, I see that really I think I am doing quite well actually, if he does not back out of anything promised before the papers are signed.

Plus, he was supposed to move out of the house over the weekend, and I am supposed to get a house key today so I can get my things, FINALLY, from the house. I am trying to brace myself that all may not be there or in good condition but I will get some and he will get in trouble with the court if not. Yeah me!!!

I cannot believe that the financial issues should be settled by the last week of this month. After that it will just be the kids attorney dealing with issues regarding the kids as they arise.

It is kind of scary, I think I can feel myself starting to breath a little. I thought I had really moved on but I can feel a big step forward coming on!!!!!!

And hey LaurenR, this lady likes your ring idea a lot! My birthstone is aquamarine so it is quite fitting for my situation. May have to start looking around........

4MyBoys
Old 08-05-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I was divorced twice...felt numb and nervous, then angry and bitter.

Twenty years later I often think of the marriages, the wives, circumstances...

it took awhile working out the anger and resentments.

But I am so glad today the marriages didn't last for any longer of time.