Something for me.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Something for me.

Today I signed up for a 24 week course in pattern drafting and development, it starts in September.

I have wanted to learn the skills for a long time, and in the future I hope to change my job to be self employed in this field.

Taking a small step forward in spite of the thunder storm around me.

Scared, but excited.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LeSigh View Post
Today I signed up for a 24 week course in pattern drafting and development, it starts in September.

I have wanted to learn the skills for a long time, and in the future I hope to change my job to be self employed in this field.

Taking a small step forward in spite of the thunder storm around me.

Scared, but excited.
Awesome!

I was just thinking the other day...I have a little dream that involves writing. I thought I should write in my spare time. But I've not really done that because of the stress. The other day I thought How sad that I let that kind of fade out for now, I should really do that. After all I've made progress in not allowing myself to be so hung up on my AH so what the heck, I should do that for me!

Thanks for the inspiration! You are doing good for you, and also inspiring me! And I'm sure others who read this!

Isn't it much more exciting to be "scared" over something like this, than scared over an alcoholic and your relationship with them?

You are doing something healthy and exciting and taking a leap that can benefit YOU. Right on. Wishing you much luck and enjoyment! This is something you will be glad you did.

Thanks again!

Old 08-01-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Skipper

I wanna learn guitar and another language. I kept exABF's guitar... my son wanted to learn too!!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pattern drafting as in clothes?
I took a semester class at a community college in that when I was in college -- I have never (and I mean never) dressed more stylishly than I did then! It was AWESOME!!! If that's what you're talking about, I'm not just excited but a little jealous, even!

I'm a bit stuckefied in what I actually want to do right now, but at least I'm ruling out what I DON'T want to do, so that's a start, right?
Old 08-01-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, drafting as in clothes!

I work in the construction industry just now; as a designer, and holy moley, it is STRESS-full! So a change would be good. I can draw, and use computers to model and create the plans for buildings, so I'm hoping that when I learn the geometries of our bodies, ill have a bunch of useful skills all ready to apply to it..

That said, £300 is a lot out of my budget, but I plan to cycle lots and can always get by on beans and toast type things for a few weeks..

I have been wanting to do it these past few years, but STBXAH made it difficult to even contemplate leaving the house.

So glad to have inspired some of you, that is why I posted about it..

What else would everyone like to learn? Or what secret skills have you already acquired, just for you?
Old 08-01-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Onawa, you should totally just go for it. For you!
Old 08-01-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Fantastic, LeSigh. It's all on you to GROW and FLOURISH in this life; it's not ever someone else's responsibility. Nor should they have the power to prevent it, real or imagined. (****note to SELF!!!!!!*****)

I am going to sing again - I have a life-long passion for choral music and singing in small ensembles, and I have let that lie dormant too long, while fretting over ABF (and other people's needs).
Old 08-01-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I had ambitions to learn screenwriting, but my new job doesn't really give me the time--plus I'm a crappy multitasked. It's still something I'd like to try once I've RETIRED-retired.

For now I'm happy uneffing my habitat and making it a lovely little nest.