Why can't I let go?

Old 07-30-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
You can't let go because you don't want to yet. When you want to, you will; you'll know it when it happens, and it will be sad but not traumatic.

It's ok - detaching from an enmeshed co-dependent relationship takes time. Be easy on yourself. One step at a time.
Thankyou.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting this and for being so honest about your feelings Brightstat. I also at times feel like this and thought that I was going crazy. The one moment I hate him and wish he was gone. But when he leaves I miss him terribly. I get so upset and frustrated with myself because it does not make sense how I can feel this way about another person. I am also having a hard time letting go. I am so sorry you are going through this and I just wanted you to know that I can relate to you.
Take care
A
Old 07-30-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support to everyone. Tuffgirl special thanks at least I don't feel like such a twisted freak about the whole mess after reading your post. It is so hard to get out if this
Old 07-30-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brightstar43 View Post
Thanks for all the support to everyone. Tuffgirl special thanks at least I don't feel like such a twisted freak about the whole mess after reading your post. It is so hard to get out if this
Took me 18 months from initial separation to divorce and no contact. Back and forth, in and out of it all. I'm not a freak either, just a girl who loved a guy who had problems way bigger than me and my ability to cope. It was a painful, gut-wrenching, heart-breaking situation, for me and for him. But the day I let go - I knew it, I felt it, it wasn't momentous or life altering. It was just a subtle shift into the "I'm done" mind-set.