On the fence, separation or stick it out?

Old 07-31-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wife,

I am going to tell you something I wish I had known earlier. If AH is driving drunk with children in the car, call the police.

Look, I am in the process of divorcing AH. Who drove drunk with the children in the car. I didn't call the police. Now, AH has visitation and is allowed to drive. The children are at risk. Had I called the police last summer and he got a DUI, I could have protected them from his driving now. They are 90 minutes away and so far, so good. But it's one more big worry than I should have to stand. I hate all this risk.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

And I went home at lunch today, 4 hours after we talked about my decision that its time for him to move out. He was home from work drinking and playing the stupid Xbox! I am not surprised. Its all he knows how to do. I just reaffirmed my decision is the right one to make. I cant wait for my meeting friday at the attorney office.
This time the excuse for drinking was "well my wife just kicked me out of the house"
UGH for drinking! so you are going to do more drinking?! So dumb. I wish I would have found him packing but the hard part is that he really has no where to go. I may have a really hard time getting him out of the house. I dont think his parents will take him. He is 31 with three kids and cant get his life together.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wife, I just wanted to thank you. This conversation is going down the same roads I am travelling, though I don't have children at home anymore. I'm agonizing over each step, each time I read something here, like the "frog in the pot" analogy - I feel a knife in my heart.
YES! I've been a frog in a pot.
Just wanted to let you know that your thread is helping me, and no doubt will help those behind us, who are just setting off on their paths...
Old 07-31-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Frog in pot

Originally Posted by mcaiwas View Post
YES! I've been a frog in a pot.
ME TOOOO! whats killing me is that he probably has about $200 and only working PT now. Although for 4 years he did not work at all but was a failing student taking out crazy loans.
so how he will move and where he will go I dont know but with three kids I cant let him damage our home anymore. He is not physically abusive and only rarely verbally and emotionally abusive but everything is a lie and everything is in a buzzed state. I hate it.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'd love to meet you at a McDonald's for about 6 cups of coffee - but I think we'd just talk ourselves in circles.....