New member here with something to say.

Old 05-23-2004, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New member here with something to say.

I've been coming to this site for awhile now and reading all of your posts. One day I was reading a post and found tears streaming down my face. I could have sworn that I had written the post myself. It's such an overwhelming feeling to read someone elses post and know that they know exactly how you feel, where you've been, what you've been through, etc. I was literally moved to tears.
As I read these posts by all of you, I am reminded that I am not alone. It's such a feeling of relief. As we all know, those that have not dealt with an addict cannot really "get it". As much as they may try, they don't (and won't) ever fully understand. Heck, it's hard enough for us to deal with and we don't even always understand!
Anyways....
I wanted you to know that you are all very special people. You've been a part of my life for awhile now though you didn't know it. I have cried with you, felt sad with you, and found myself even cheering for some of you. Friends without faces, but connected with a common bond.
Thank you to all of you who continue to share your experiences, whether they be happy or sad. Your words can sometimes reach the person that doesn't really want to be reached, they can console the person that feels life has really just dropped the bottom of their world out, and you give them the knowledge that not all is lost. But I'd have to say most importantly, you let them know that they are not alone!

A big (((hug))) to each of you! and a heartfelt thank you to each of you as well.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Gracie1953

Welcome Standingstrong and thank you for your post. It is said that when you feel empty, give of yourself to feel fulfilled. When I post something, it is usually because I need to vent, need to feel that someone is listening, or need feedback or reassurance. But what really makes me feel good is that I may have helped someone else deal with their own problems or circumstances. I hope that is the case at least some of the time.

I also feel as you do, that people here have a special bond and an understanding of what life is like with addiction. So, thanks for letting us know and keep posting.

Gracie

Old 05-23-2004, 06:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey StandingStrong,
I'm glad you jumped into the mix. Stick around.
Realizing that you're not alone is a truly wonderful feeling.
We're all here together and that is a very good thing.
Gabe
Old 05-23-2004, 06:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

this is sometimes the only place where I feel sane

It is true no one understands what we are living through except each other. I come here because I feel better after having been here than I do at any other time. It is a true blessing.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Thanks, Standing...

We're glad you're here.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Welcome Standing Strong,
Glad you joined us. Together we can deal with things and get through them. Thank you for the beautiful post. Hugs, Magic
Old 05-24-2004, 06:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Standing Strong -
It's great to find people who know what you're going through. Glad you're here with us.
Look forward to getting to know you.
L
Old 05-24-2004, 05:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome, Standing Strong!!
I remember the first time I found this site. I was at a really low point (my bottom) and I was overwhelmed with how much I could relate to the posts. I sat and read with tears running down my cheeks.
In a way, coming to Alanon/this site has been like coming home after being gone for too long. I couldn't believe that so many strangers could show so much compassion for ME. I have been welcomed here with open arms. I will be forever grateful for everything I have learned here and for all of the support and love I have found at SR.
-sfg29
Old 05-24-2004, 06:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Welcome!! Make yourself at home!

Hugs,
JT
Old 05-24-2004, 06:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I want to welcome you too, and hope you will continue to share with us and join us on our journey. We may be dysfuntional but we're family, and there's always a chair just waiting for a newcomer. It's the most important chair in the house.

Hugs
Ann
Old 05-24-2004, 11:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

Standing strong, what a lovely post! I'm going to read that again; it just made my day
Old 05-25-2004, 02:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi and a big welcome standingstrong,
This place is a haven for me and it was lovely to discover it - being so far away doesn't really mean a thing to me now - it just doesn't seem to matter - so I understand the sentiment behind your lovely post - keep coming back
HugZ
Sandra