I need to put a limit on SR time

Old 07-18-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need to put a limit on SR time

I have to say that I have become addicted to SR. All the wonderful people here, all of the strength here, experiences, and hope. I have been here for almost 2 years. It has helped me with my battle with alcoholism, helped me through figuring out "my life". I lurked around here a lot before posting. All the stories here and all the love here, it has helped me so much. I want to thank you all for that.

Now my confession. I have been spending at least 8 - 10 hours a day on here. I need to cut this down to at least 1 hour. I am now ready to take all the things that I learned here and start to live my life.

People that know me keep telling me how much I have accomplished in just a short period of time. I know, yes, I know, I renovated my kitchen, my bathroom, got rugs, had my log cabin re-stained, faught off the carpenter bees, the carpenter ants, will be doing my basement. But you know what? I had a contractor to do this stuff, except for the research on the carpenter bees and ants. I have been living in my house now for over 2 years. I still have not unpacked my boxes yet. Oh, wow, excuses for everything though.

I need to get to my clubhouse here, go to the lake here, get outside and weedwack all of my weeds. I need to get my shrubs planted, some of my trees planted. I need to start making friends here. I think I am finally ready for all this, and I really need to say, that I have everyone here to thank you for that.

I'll still be around here mostly everyday, will limit myself to about an hour.

Just thanks again for being here for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Amy,

That sounds like a healthy plan. It will be sad to not have you around here as much, but there is a beautiful life awaiting you, away from the computer screen.

I am also feeling like I need to limit my SR time. The truth is, I like all of you on SR better than most of the people in my real life. It's been so easy to hole myself up and just hang out here. I don't have to worry about what I wear either which is an added benefit!

Please do keep coming back everyday.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have been spending at least 8 - 10 hours a day on here.
amateur...lol

seriously, amy - balance is key...do what you need to do - maybe we'll catch up one these hours

D
Old 07-18-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
amateur...lol

seriously, amy - balance is key...do what you need to do - maybe we'll catch up one these hours

D
Oh wow, that made me laugh. Yes I am an amateur, and I don't know how you do it Dee. I do need to especially thank you. You are really wonderful.

I will find that balance. Will be here most days, and when I am, will not be lurking like I usually do. Only need to cut out about 7 hours a day.

Y'all mean so much to me here. I couldn't have done this without you.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I spent a lot of time here for a while also, reading, then writing, and honestly, getting overly involved in a few things.

I was getting a lot of things sorted out, and it kept me from drinking.

I check back less often, but am still really glad its here whenever I need it.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
I have to say that I have become addicted to SR. All the wonderful people here, all of the strength here, experiences, and hope. I have been here for almost 2 years. It has helped me with my battle with alcoholism, helped me through figuring out "my life". I lurked around here a lot before posting. All the stories here and all the love here, it has helped me so much. I want to thank you all for that.

Now my confession. I have been spending at least 8 - 10 hours a day on here. I need to cut this down to at least 1 hour. I am now ready to take all the things that I learned here and start to live my life.

People that know me keep telling me how much I have accomplished in just a short period of time. I know, yes, I know, I renovated my kitchen, my bathroom, got rugs, had my log cabin re-stained, faught off the carpenter bees, the carpenter ants, will be doing my basement. But you know what? I had a contractor to do this stuff, except for the research on the carpenter bees and ants. I have been living in my house now for over 2 years. I still have not unpacked my boxes yet. Oh, wow, excuses for everything though.

I need to get to my clubhouse here, go to the lake here, get outside and weedwack all of my weeds. I need to get my shrubs planted, some of my trees planted. I need to start making friends here. I think I am finally ready for all this, and I really need to say, that I have everyone here to thank you for that.

I'll still be around here mostly everyday, will limit myself to about an hour.

Just thanks again for being here for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like a plan!

Your post sounds very healthy. I'm so glad you are feeling ready to grow your life.

Hugs to you
Old 07-18-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Amy, what you don't know is just how many people have teared up reading your posts. How people feel close to you and have sympathy and compassion who have never known you and never will. All of those people want you to do what is best for you, and rooting for whatever that may be, including less time here.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BlueSkies1 View Post
Amy, what you don't know is just how many people have teared up reading your posts. How people feel close to you and have sympathy and compassion who have never known you and never will. All of those people want you to do what is best for you, and rooting for whatever that may be, including less time here.

BlueSkies, I'm not going anywhere, will still be here, just not all day. This week here posting has helped me so much. I was able to get things out, and wow, most of the time I feel I was sitting on the pity pot. Everyone here helped me so much. I can't say thank you enough.

But you better believe when I see someone going down the same hole as I did, I will hit them with that SR 2x4, and a lot of love and compassion which everyone has shown me.

I still have lots of stories to tell, but think I'm gonna save them for awhile for that unexpecting newcomer, but I will be gentle.

Well anyway, hopefully all of my next chapters of my life will be what I have accomplished. I would prefer to tell those stories.

Oh, btw, won't be here tomorrow, I am going to an amusement park !!!!!!!!!

PS----- My avatar. I never did explain why I chose this. Many people here know that I have 4 cats. This is not my dog in the avatar. It is the dog that I wanted. It's a papillon. French translated to english means butterfly.

Always loved that song "Butterflies are free" fly away, fly away.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Times up.

Couldn't help it..
Old 07-18-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
Times up.

Couldn't help it..

(lol)
How did you know I was still here ?????????????? It is really hard to break an addiction.

OK, now I have to "step away for the computer", need to get some things done tonight. Have people coming over here tomorrow, need to make my place look presentable.

oh, and when I figure out how to post pics here, (mine always come out too big) will post before and after pics of my renovated log cabin.

See ya all tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So glad SR has helped you so much.
I still visit everyday but usually limit my time.
Enjoy.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Very timely thread. I am going to make a confession. I probably check threads at least 2-4 times a day. BUT, I just can't anymore. I love the support here, and I want to respond to the new members, but, I am actually getting burned out from it all. I feel like for me, that I am getting sucked back into the same feelings I had when everything happened. Sure, I have issues as well, but they are pretty much not an issue now that I am not with an alcoholic. I have soul searched, done work on myself, thought every thought, and it is all done now. All I need is for him to send the paperwork back and I can finally begin being officially single again.

I honestly feel that my AH's (hopefully soon to be ex...send the papers back damnit!) relationship was very very toxic. I have never had a relationship like that previously, great boyfriends, who, while we didn't work out, we can still hang out or be friends. With this guy? Never want to see him again. AH is very manipulative and I almost think that he is narcissitic or bipolar on top of his drinking, or maybe the disease makes him that way.

Either way, he has moved on, I am moving on, and I am so tired of thinking about it. We weren't married that long, and no children, so, I kinda want to just shut this book and start a new one.

To be honest, I feel like he died and I am feeling like I need to keep on living. Because, he is committing suicide, he hasn't gotten any kind of help, and he last I heard is getting worse. How long do I mourn someone who could care less whether I lived or died? It's insanity. And we all know what the saying about insanity is.

This is such a great place for so many people. I think my train stopped and it's time for me to get off. I hope to check back in a year or so to also give support to newbies, but right now, I am keeping myself stuck. And I need to get unstuck.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A work in progress

If we respond to your posts, are we enabling?
Old 07-18-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you Amy, you are right, I have some un effing to do!

Beth

ETA
<snicker>
Lexie, not me!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
If we respond to your posts, are we enabling?
D@mn, stop making me laugh. I'm trying to moderate on my SR addiction. I am still here for a little while tonight. Wasn't real good in my SR moderation today. Still need a few more.

I begin to moderate my SR addiction 2moro.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A work in progress

If we put you on "ignore", are we controlling? Or does that simply count as healthy detachment?

Should we be examining our motives in replying to or ignoring your posts?

So many things to consider...
Old 07-18-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I begin to moderate my SR addiction 2moro.
I agree! Don't want to go all crazy on the first day!
LOL
Moderation means moderate,
right?
hehehehehe
Old 07-18-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Should we be examining our motives in replying to or ignoring your posts?
OH yes! This is the best part!
<clapping now>
:rotfxko
Old 07-18-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

"Enough is enough but enough is neccessary"..............old yogic saying I think!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

oh jeez you guys. Maybe I can't do 1 hour a day. Maybe I need to cut back slowly. Was at approximately 10 or more a day, so maybe I should do 9 or so 2moro.

Wait, have to skip tomorrow, can only do about 2. Going to that amusement park.

Will start cutting back on Saturday. I'll let you know my progress.

SR is really addictive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I do really think you should examine your motives. You are all enabling me.. :rotfxko