I need to put a limit on SR time

Old 07-18-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Will start cutting back on Saturday. I'll let you know my progress.
Have a great time at the amusement park.
I used to love a real old one in southwestern PA.
Kennywood Park.
Love the Thunderbolt!

Beth
Old 07-18-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
oh jeez you guys. Maybe I can't do 1 hour a day. Maybe I need to cut back slowly. Was at approximately 10 or more a day, so maybe I should do 9 or so 2moro.

Wait, have to skip tomorrow, can only do about 2. Going to that amusement park.

Will start cutting back on Saturday. I'll let you know my progress.

SR is really addictive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I do really think you should examine your motives. You are all enabling me.. :rotfxko
Amy you should know better. Tapering never works. You might get it down to 4 hours, but then the next day you will uncontrollably end up logging 8 hours here again.

Cold turkey, work through the withdrawal symptoms, get a good program in place, and build your support network. You will do just fine. :rotfxko
Old 07-18-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

D@mn, stop making me laugh. I'm trying to moderate on my SR addiction. I am still here for a little while tonight. Wasn't real good in my SR moderation today. Still need a few more.

I begin to moderate my SR addiction 2moro.
Isn't moderation the unachievable dream of the addict??

This thread is cracking me up.

I know just what you mean though. I need to moderate my SR time as well. I've tried setting a timer a couple of times, but somehow always turn it off and think 'five more minutes to finish this response' or whatever and then it's like 2 hours later... :/
Old 07-18-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CharlieNoogan View Post
Amy you should know better. Tapering never works. You might get it down to 4 hours, but then the next day you will uncontrollably end up logging 8 hours here again.

Cold turkey, work through the withdrawal symptoms, get a good program in place, and build your support network. You will do just fine. :rotfxko

Charlie you're right. I am an RA also. I know moderation doesn't work. I just can't go cold turkey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't !!!!!!!!!!!!. They will have to come and take me away and lock me up for my own safety.

I really think I have to taper. I need my SR fix. I can't live without it.

2moro, will be computerless for most of the day. Will only have access from about 9pm.

Good thing I don't have one of those smart phones or whatever they are, where you can get here at any time.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

D@mn I had the tv on, didn't even know what I was watching. Can never remember the end of a movie because I am too busy in my SR addiction.

But really, everyone here is the greatest. I am so glad to be a part of this wonderful group.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by owathu View Post
Very timely thread. I am going to make a confession. I probably check threads at least 2-4 times a day. BUT, I just can't anymore. I love the support here, and I want to respond to the new members, but, I am actually getting burned out from it all. I feel like for me, that I am getting sucked back into the same feelings I had when everything happened. Sure, I have issues as well, but they are pretty much not an issue now that I am not with an alcoholic. I have soul searched, done work on myself, thought every thought, and it is all done now. All I need is for him to send the paperwork back and I can finally begin being officially single again.

I honestly feel that my AH's (hopefully soon to be ex...send the papers back damnit!) relationship was very very toxic. I have never had a relationship like that previously, great boyfriends, who, while we didn't work out, we can still hang out or be friends. With this guy? Never want to see him again. AH is very manipulative and I almost think that he is narcissitic or bipolar on top of his drinking, or maybe the disease makes him that way.

Either way, he has moved on, I am moving on, and I am so tired of thinking about it. We weren't married that long, and no children, so, I kinda want to just shut this book and start a new one.

To be honest, I feel like he died and I am feeling like I need to keep on living. Because, he is committing suicide, he hasn't gotten any kind of help, and he last I heard is getting worse. How long do I mourn someone who could care less whether I lived or died? It's insanity. And we all know what the saying about insanity is.

This is such a great place for so many people. I think my train stopped and it's time for me to get off. I hope to check back in a year or so to also give support to newbies, but right now, I am keeping myself stuck. And I need to get unstuck.

Owathu, I do know how you feel. Stick around during your divorce, there is so much support here. I also think or thought my ex had bi-polar. Now I just don't care. SR helped me with that. Your post helped me so much also. I was in the place that you are now, and sometimes it is hard to see, but you will begin to not care anymore. It hurts now, and it will hurt, and I can see not wanting to talk about things and relive things. I was here for a long time before I wanted to really let it out. And I did, it was mostly these past 2 months. It felt so freeing.

Just know that we will all be here for you during your divorce. We will be standing right with you. Holding you up if you need it. I see a lot of strength in you. You will do just fine.

((((((((((hugs)))))))))
Old 07-19-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I probably need to take a good hard look at my SR addiction too - I work with double monitors so I find myself leaving SR open all.day.long. on one monitor so that I can flit in & out easily....

I will however, be LMAO for most of this morning now that I have this visual in my head.....

But you better believe when I see someone going down the same hole as I did, I will hit them with that SR 2x4.......
HILARIOUS! :rotfxko

Have fun at the amusement park Amy!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good Morning

I couldn't resist. Leaving in about 5 minutes, but needed that hit of SR.

Have a good day
Old 07-19-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

OMG you guys are killing me, and _not_ because I identify, oh no, not me.

Step 1; I am powerless over SR, and my computer has become unmanageable.

Mike
Old 07-19-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Maybe one of us needs to start a new forum so we can support each other in quitting SR? We could call it 'The Sober Recovery Recovery Board'.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm recently new to this site but the help I've already received is wonderful so I can see you had so much help & that is wonderful--Keep moving forward, you sound like you are getting back on track & that's great!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by DG0409 View Post
Maybe one of us needs to start a new forum so we can support each other in quitting SR? We could call it 'The Sober Recovery Recovery Board'.
I have a feeling that would turn into one of those "substitute addiction" thingies....
Old 07-19-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dg0409 View Post
maybe one of us needs to start a new forum so we can support each other in quitting sr? We could call it 'the sober recovery recovery board'.
lmao
Old 07-19-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks all for the laughs this morning!

Amy, for what its worth (and I have less time here and more posts than you!) I find continuing to participate cathartic for me. Not only has it helped me with my own issues, but its a great daily reminder and a chance to pay it forward. However, as with most things, finding a healthy balance is key.

That said, I am going back to work now, and then going outside to enjoy some sunshine and talk to people in real life. Balance!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Had a wonderful day today. Let me tell you though it was really hot out there today. If I was driving the car, I might have turned back around, and just sat at my computer in my air conditioned living room, and would have really binged today on SR. Yes, it was that hot.

Did have a really great day today, enjoyed spending time with my friends and their son. Felt really young today. Their son has autism, and I thought my days of roller coasters were over. They aren't. I even put my hands up in the air while the roller coaster was descending, while trying to get over my fear of height. I did it. Even went on the ferris wheel, and the ski lift. Also, need to say that I went on the bumper cars for the first time in my life, loved it so much that we did it again later on.

All in all I had a great day !!!!!!!!!!!

I thought about all the time that I had spent here. Most of the time I was one of those lurkers. I just want to say that I learned so much here, and it helped me heal so much. So from now on I will cut back on SR time, but I think what I mean by that, is that I will make it my quality time. I will sign in from now on when I am here, instead of just lurking and reading.

Next week, my contractors should be putting the stonework on my house. It's finally going to really look like a home to me.

And to answer that question as to whether or not I consider you enablers. The answer is "yes", you are enablers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need to say a special thanks to all of you enablers out there.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Oh, man--you are getting STONEWORK on your house? I always dreamed of having a house with stone. There was this one house I used to drive by every so often--when a trip happened to be going that way, and it was the coolest stone house. I actually DO have stone on one little part of the front of my house, but it isn't stone I find particularly pretty. It's this sort of sandstone-ish (I don't know if it's sandstone but that's what it reminds me of) mosaic-type deal.

I think your house sounds like it will be SO homey when you are done. (LOL, as long as you don't go all OCD on your cabinets!)