Can i ever get over the lies??

Old 07-15-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh, ESSN... I just saw this:

Originally Posted by Essn1977 View Post
And I was stupid enough to fall for his **** again!
You're not stupid. Please don't talk to or about yourself this way. Your trust was misplaced and clouded, but you're not stupid.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the advice! I did the iPhone settings so I don't get alerts from him but it does just that it doesn't make a sound but the text still comes through.. As for the blocking iMessage I do take the iMessage off from time to time when he is hard at it but my daughter and alot of my family and friends have iPhones so that sucks to keep my iMessage off! I will get through this! It's the first time I have realized what a terrible person he is to be putting his lies on me avoiding his wrong doings!! Avoid is what he always does and turns the blame on me! And since I have been ignoring him I get texts or emails saying yea I guess since you ignore me you've moved on! It's a ploy to get me to answer him.. It's all I love you and miss you please this and that's I'm sick of him trying to convince me of him and his recovery my fear was always what if he does change? What if he does get better well I can't live on the what ifs anymore I have to do what's right for my children and I... I have set an alert to go off everyday as a reminder... "Is he worth losing your children?, he lied to you about you and will never change... unforgivable!" So everyday I see this it's a reminder to myself get over it and move on to a happier place!!

I just want to heal....
Old 07-15-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I like the concept of using technology like alerts to remind you of things and I use it myself.
I don't know that I'd want a daily reminder of the things someone else is doing that could jeopardize me and my son.
Remind me of something that I need to do? Yes.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Saw in a movie the other day that a guy changed his xgf phone contact name to "DO NOT RESPOND"...I changed my xabf name to ALCOHOL so I would remember who was calling...positive reminders are a GREAT idea!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yes I had him programmed as narcissistic alcoholic then I took him out completely so I don't hear his alerts.

I just want to heal....
Old 07-15-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A work in progress

If he persists in contacting you after you have told him the contact is unwelcome, and it is causing you emotional distress, it is probably sufficient for a criminal charge for harassment or stalking. If you don't want to file a criminal charge, you can still apply for a protective order. If he continues to contact you in violation of the order he can be charged with that.

Contact your local prosecutor's office or domestic violence advocacy office and they can give you more information about how to proceed.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Essn1977 View Post
I will start sending his emails to spam but the iMessage is on iPhone and since it's not really text even though the number is blocked he can still get through... We both have iPhones

I just want to heal....
If you want to heal change your phone number or shut off the phone. No contact in any form from him or his friends, his family members etc.