Its Sunday.. he usually drinks all day

Old 07-14-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its Sunday.. he usually drinks all day

Im not sure what the difference is from the other days.. its a very small difference I guess.

Mon-fri--gets home at 2 pm.
drinks right away at 2. Usually done by 7-8 pm, because he goes to bed early.

Saturday--drinks by mid afternoon, and its usually always vodka.

Sunday-- as soon as he wakes up he can drink. I think its like his totally free to drink as he wants day?

I havent been saying much.. just an ocassional "Im lonely for someone sober to talk too.."

and I am.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry. Is there any way you could get out of the house today and do something fun with a friend?
Old 07-14-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

DoS has given great advice - get out of the house and do something for yourself that you find valuable for your health and sanity.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry too. Sending you hugs. I would second DOS's idea, and if you can't find someone to go with you, can you go by yourself? Is there a movie out that you've been wanting to see? Maybe one that he would never go to, and so you might not get to see it otherwise?
Old 07-14-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Why should you and your children sit and watch an alcoholic drink all day? That makes the drink the focal point of everybody's life. It cant be much fun for you---can you imagine how it is for your kids?

Wouldn't it be better for you all to stay gone while he is drunk?

dandylion
Old 07-14-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

well sure.. and we'll get that when we move soon . If I had something to do I would but Im not going to stay gone just because he is drinking, why should I put that hardship on myself?

We're not sitting around watching him drink, the kids are cleaning their bedrooms, I was cleaning the kitchen and cooking. He is fixing a drain in the basement and working in the garden. He's not making any issues...

Im just lonely for someone sober.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yeah, it sure does get lonely. They just aren't emotionally available.

dndylion
Old 07-14-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi, we are so similar its unreal. But I left the alcoholic that did exactly the same, it took me 5 years to leave. He was very abusive physical and verbally, I have been left with the legacy of now being dependant on alcohol myself I hardly drank before I met him Im on day 17 and its feeling great. I had many a day / night outs ruined by him, I joined al anon and the group made me realise I couldn't change him, he had to want to do it for himself, I used to pour the drink down the sink, hide his money , his car keys, threaten to leave , nothing worked. I then made a plan, I stopped doing anything with him stopped trying to be a normal couple/family I did everything on my own. I got a job which then got me out of the house to be around sober people I made new friends, I arranged family events away from the house away from him, I weaned myself away from him, I became stronger , I saved every penny I borrowed money I left him and rented a house , I had peace...
Old 07-14-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. I know that horrible, isolated, lonely feeling. Please, reach out to friends! Call or text them just for normal chit chat. You don't have to talk about the sadness in your house. Just reach out and say hi, if you can. Take care.