Struggling today

Old 07-12-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling today

So I haven't seen the bf since the 7th, have had barely any communication for about 4weeks. I've been doing pretty good emotionally till today. I'm so sad today, I'm on vacation after work today we had planned this time together nothing specific but at least being together. I don't have a ton of friends and the ones I do have have their own lives, I can't really afford to go somewhere by myself. I'm afraid I'm going to be sitting home alone all week. I feel so alone and lonely, I don't understand how it seems so easy for him.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Well, whatever you do, don't sit around dwelling on it all week. Is there a project around the house that you never seem to have time for? Can you go on a couple of fun day trips somewhere? What do you like to do? Check the paper--see if there are any local events going on. Go hit some museums or other local attractions. Take yourself out to dinner and a movie. Brainstorm a little. The point is to develop some things you enjoy doing on your own, and getting out among the living.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lexi is right on point,I'm always saying I want to do certain things around the house and never have time. Tackle a project around the house you've been meaning to get to and haven't had the time. It's Friday so get the paper and check out going on in your area a lot of times you'll find fun things to do that cost little or no money. It's hard to move on but the sooner you start the easier it'll get. I had to learn and am still learning to be ok with me by myself. Don't sit stuck and dwelling,it serves no purpose . I find just going for a walk or taking a drive somewhere is a good way to be alone but not lonely. My ex left me for a girl,it hurt more than anything cause he was in prison and I waited three years,he gets out and takes off with this fat ugly girl. I still find myself wondering how he could do this to me and I always come up with one simple fact,he probably was full of **** and is living a lie. It makes me wonder how does a person say the love someone and then just disappear out of their life. It stings but maybe he wasn't forthright about how he really felt. Look I feel your pain,I still burst into tears about him and its been three years and I have a new person that is wonderful. As my buddy KP says it'll get greater ,LATER!!!!im right here if u need a friend,that's what it's all about,us helping each other!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Shari,
Are there local parks you like to visit or might try? Day trips? They're so much less expensive than a week off somewhere.
Theatre? Library? Art museum, or any museum? Flower garden? Yes to home improvement as others said. A good book? Ramp up your music? Yoga? Aerobics? Chick flicks?
The list is endless really...you will have so much free time and there are so many things in life that are interesting!
This is where you grasp life...live it...
you don't have a lot of friends, then check out meetups.com and see if you can make some. People with some similar interests.
Life is full of opportunities. I know how easy it is to get depressed and take on that view, but you don't have to do that to yourself. A whole week no work! Whoo hoo! Get out and embrace life!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great posts so far, and I totally agree. The only reason you'd sit around the house by yourself doing nothing is because you choose that. And that's ok, sometimes I do the same (although usually with a book in hand)

But if you truly want to have an enjoyable time on your vacation - go find things to do.

I don't have a lot of friends either - hard to find time for that is my very busy life - but I do have activities I enjoy that fill my time. I volunteer, love DIY projects even when it means watching YouTube videos for instruction, spend time outdoors, craft, etc. I am never bored, rarely lonely, and often entertained. I just entertain myself in ways that I find fulfilling.

Try it. Use this time as time to nurture your own spirit. Trust me, its a skill that will last you a lifetime.