Unsure about a problem

Old 07-08-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Oxycontin is a serious addiction. It is heroin in a pill form. By the time a addict reaches oxy they are in serious trouble. He has no business "tying one on" if he is recovery.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Now he's texting me asking me if I got his original text. I never answered it and haven't contacted him since he sent it.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

He's waiting for you to agree with him, which in his mind=permission to have acted poorly and justification for getting rocked. See, it wasn't HIS fault! Your wife was SO horrible to him he just HAD to spend the holiday getting blasted to deal with it. JMHO
Old 07-09-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
He's waiting for you to agree with him, which in his mind=permission to have acted poorly and justification for getting rocked. See, it wasn't HIS fault! Your wife was SO horrible to him he just HAD to spend the holiday getting blasted to deal with it. JMHO
Yeah, I'm at that point where I'm not sure I am going to respond at all. I wrote a long email response and my wife thanked me for defending her... but I told I haven't done anything yet since I'm not certain if I will ever send it. She said that didn't matter to her.

Not sure if I should bother.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Writer, speaking from years of experience don't respond. It can only get worse. He has nothing to give in the way of friendship, he is an alcoholic and his only friend is booze.

Take this as a lesson learned and move on.

Your friend,
Old 07-09-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I wouldn't respond either - honestly, you sound like a normal, nice guy that loves his wife & family.... I wouldn't give this any more of your attention than you have to.... go back to being happy and take a moment to be grateful that this isn't part of your every day life.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Really appreciate all the advice. This kind of thing is really foreign to me. I'm certainly no stranger to drinking, I did more than my fair share in college and still like my Scotch from time to time - but pretty much everyone I know grew out of the whole binge drinking thing.