Anyone else do this?

Old 07-07-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone else do this?

Ok this is pretty sad, but of course most of my ABF's friends are a's too, and some times I catch myself thinking hmmm he isn't as bad as mine I wish mine were more like that a. At least he goes home and cooks dinner for his wife or he's not a jealous freak or even they go on vacations or so on and so on. Lol I really am nuts!!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Shari, I don't think you are nuts. I think it is sad that you are in an unhealthy relationship. You are worth more than this!!!

dandylion
Old 07-07-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you're nuts, then so am I because I've done that too. My ABF has a friend who I believe is an A also. He has a full time gig, is married to a smart and strong woman, and they travel. I found out later that she is the breadwinner and undoubtedly is paying for most things. They look great, but my A has shared things that let me know its not all that. Don't compare. It only makes you feel worse. I hope you take care of yourself and don't ride the crazy train like I've been doing. Good luck.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are not nuts. Reason why I am in the position that I am in now. Before my AH I was with a man that used drugs, coke, crack he didn't drink. After 4 years of that I left . When I met my now H it had been 4 or so years and he was in AA, but not practicing. (wth??) I think my theory was he at least is admitting he has a problem. Well that is where it has stayed.

I now tell my daughters 18/17... don't ever settle for a man or boyfriend because
"he is better than..." better than this guy was , better than.... well you get it.
"Don't settle. Decide now what you want and do not settle."