Update

Old 07-01-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

Hi Everyone, I haven't been on this board in awhile. I Started back in Janurary b/c of my AF, and i ended things with him b/c he choose to keep drinking..even if i left him. I was emotionally drained and hurt by him and his drinking..it was the hardest choice that ive ever had to make in my life...he was the perfect person for me except for the drinking...and he wouldnt change it for himself or for me. So i had to let go...its been 6 months now since the begining of our breakup....i have had no communication with him for almost 4 months now and he has been randomly texting me...and he found out im "dating" someone else and he's really been blowing up my phone with text messages, calling me names, and being rude and obnoxious and also asking how my family is doing and asking for their numbers b/c he lost them..and then of course asking how i have been. I can tell he's drunk b/c the random thoughts he is saying is just obsurd. I feel so good that i have been ignoring him, b/c i know that he is trying so hard to get me to text him back. But i know if i do...i will only get upset/hurt in the end. Ive learned that quickly. Its crazy because in janurary i was saying " I wish it was 6 months from now so that maybe he would realize what he lost and how miserable he really is" and its 6 months now and he's texting me. But he hastn changed, he's still drinking.. I hope this message helps anyone out there that is going through this. Its so hard and tough and you feel so weak inside and helpless, but you will get through it. You dont deserve to be treated the way an alcoholic treats a non alcoholic. Its so emotionally damaging to a person. No contact is honestly the best way to move forward and keep your head up and know that you dont deserve this, especially if they arent willing to change.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'd work on figuring out a way to block the texts.

Sounds like you're doing great, but those have to be disruptive to your peace and serenity.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think it’s time for you to cancel your reservation – block his #.

Often, we keep their # on our phones with that reservation of …….someday maybe they will get sober and call me.

I think you realize today that he is not sober and it doesn’t appear that he’ll get sober any time soon……….so why have your current healthy life disrupted, block his # and truly be done.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

shortayp, congratulations on finding the strength to stay your course! I k now it is NOT easy.

Thanks for posting this update---as many people read this forum and, undoubtedly, you have helped some others.

Hang around!

dandylion