So he's in the hospital and unresponsive

Old 06-27-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

You are an amazing human being dealing with a horrendous situation. I send love and light to you and your girl, and to your husband.

You are doing so many good things for yourself, that is all you can do, I think you are incredibly brave. You're in my heart.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:27 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Broken Tapestry

IMHO, you did a good thing by telling your husband's nurse what he said. He is in good hands right now.

Sending prayers for your husband, and hugs and prayers for you and your daughter.

We're happy to help you build your raft!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thanks again. This forum feels like it is saving my sanity, and I am so grateful to have found it. As this goes on, I'm seeing just how much my HP is holding me and providing what I need. I don't think it is a coincidence that I found you all right before this happened.

AH update: they have moved him to the psych ward off the hospital on an involuntary 5-7 day hold. I've got an angry voicemail from him accusing me of making it all up to get him locked up. Whatever!

Me update: my best friend in the world IRL is in from another state for today only, and we are having a spa day! This has been planned for months and months, and I'm so looking forward to it. Once again, HP is providing me with exactly what I need. It's kind of amazing and awe inspiring to realize how well taken care of I am. I hope that you all are similarly taken care of today.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Isn't it AMAZING how we get what we need? Enjoy your day with your friend. I find that little miracles like that keep me going.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Keep focusing on you! You can and will get through this. You are stronger than you think. Enjoy that spa day and remember "one day at a time".
Old 06-28-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Tapestry, (I won't call you broken) I am glad that you told his nurse his plans. I lost a friend to suicide that came and told me on more than one occasion his plans. The last time I didn't do anything about it other than tell him that I thought that sounded like a bad idea and talk to him for a few minutes before he left. I had been very involved on a previous occasion, and it wasn't pretty for me. Not calling the police on his last threat that he did follow through on and kill himself, caused me a lot of anguish.
Ultimately we can't stop others from taking their life if they so choose. We can hope that it is a temporary problem and a permanent solution type of thinking, and that in better circumstances or another day, they would choose differently.
You can't follow him around 24/7 nor sacrifice your life trying to stop him. But you can and did call the proper authorities to handle it when he made the threat. That is the best you can do.
I am glad you did.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I am so proud that you are continuing on with your life and plans, and you told the nurse what he said so he can be evaluated properly and hopefully get the help he needs. What a healthy way to handle yourself in such a crazy situation. Very inspiring!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
I am so proud that you are continuing on with your life and plans, and you told the nurse what he said so he can be evaluated properly and hopefully get the help he needs. What a healthy way to handle yourself in such a crazy situation. Very inspiring!
Ahhh....it's moments like these, that I want to say in a very loving way ( of course!) I told you so!!!

You are handling what is a very difficult situation beautifully...

I know it's so hard to see the forest from the trees when you're in the midst of things, but like I said to you the other day, someday you will look back on all of this and recognize just how strong and resilient you are...

Enjoy your much needed and deserved day at the spa!

All my best,

Linda