Why would an A trust another A with money???

Old 05-03-2002, 06:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Post Why would an A trust another A with money???

Hi Folks

I am in a rage here. I think you know about the other night with my A. Well, that night he gave his friend almost $500 because he didn't trust himself with it. Okay, didn't understand but thought ok. Guess what, the A came to bring the money, only had $120. Someone stole the rest from the car. Why wouldn't they steal it all? It was the darn rent money!! I just don't get it. I am now in a verbal war with this person via email but I can't help it. Serenity prayer won't work. Help me stop!!!

Old 05-03-2002, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Debbie!

A's don't trust each other with money any more than we trust them with it. It's just one of those "it's not my fault" scenarios. But you knew that already. I guess now we have to add pigs to our Narazoo, because that's HOGWASH.

Love!
Smoke
Old 05-03-2002, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Smoke

I know. It all makes me so angry. Anyway, I just sent her my last response. I feel like beating the crap of the "b". I have anger issues. Feel like smacking him too.

I know there is nothing I can so. Maybe it was my way of telling her I see through her lies.

Oh well, I need to calm my self down. Made two calls already. Maybe I should make another.

Talk to you later.
Love,
Debbie
Old 05-03-2002, 07:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Debbie,
I'm sorry you are going through this. Keep posting here and vent. What's your plan if you can't get the money back? Keep talking, it will make you feel better.

MG

Old 05-03-2002, 07:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Okay....take deep breath...is there anything you can do to change it?
Old 05-03-2002, 08:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey guys,

Thanks for listening. I was getting so mad at one lie after an another. This woman has every excuse in the book. I feel like going and confronting her in person. But I don't understand the "quacking". I really need to deal with my anger issues.

Oh well, not sure what I am going to do. Maybe pray. Its all I can do.

Love you guys,
Debbie
Old 05-03-2002, 09:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Barbiedeb!
Try to hang in there, and keep your chin up, I am sure you have clamed down a little bit by now, your not the only one in the boat, I am right there with you..I understand how you feel! Try to be strong! Hope your weekend is better!

Love,
bonbon
Old 05-03-2002, 10:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hi

I am calmer now. Nothing I can do. Took all day but I think I handed it over, at least most of it. Ruined my day off though. Oh well, something for me though. Going to read a juicy romance perhaps. I'd sit outside but the wind would blow me away.

Talk to you all later. Thanks for your support.

Love,
Debbie
PS I did apologize to her for my nasty behavior and it made me feel better. Not sure what is up with that. Geez.

[This message has been edited by barbiedeb (edited May 03, 2002).]
Old 05-03-2002, 10:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

one thought....its great you apologzed, shows your the "bigger person" ! that just shows how on top of it all you are! way to go...
Old 05-03-2002, 11:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

One of the greatest lessons my mother (the sweetest person on earth, God bless her)taught me was that no matter what your lot in life...no matter who you marry or however successful you think you are...AWAYS make sure you can look after yourself.

She was widowed when I was six, and although we were never what I would call poor, we were certainly struggling. But she always had enough for our needs, and managed to pay for educations and my wedding.

I remember that lesson, and it's not just a financial lesson..emotionally, spiritually, mentally, and physically I CAN survive and look after myself. And so can you.

Keep your own money aside and never give it to anyone, especially an addict, until your own needs are entirely met.

Stolen...Brrgghhhaughhh!!! My son has tried that quack too many times. I don't give him money now, and when he asks for help because his money/bike/watch/working tools/or duckfood money is "stolen" now, I say "Gee, so sorry to hear that, but you'll get by."

Hugs

Ann
Old 05-03-2002, 08:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

Barbiedeb.
I am sorry to hear about your new development. Thank you for your kinds words earlier. I felt a lot better today because I turned it over to my higher power. It was liberating. This is what we need to do first thing. Anger and bitterness is not good for our souls and health. You are truly loved and respected here. You give so much heartfelt support...I want to let you know that you are appreciated more than you know. We are all pulling and praying for you. Gipsee
Old 05-04-2002, 04:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Unhappy

Hi Every one,

Thanks for all your kindness and support. I really did let go of the anger yesterday. When I felt it coming back I pushed it away. Today I woke up feeling sad and drained. I know there is nothing I can do about the situation and it sucks. I also know that wallowing in self pity won't help it will only make everyone around me feel bad too. But today I know I am going to be sad, I hope it goes away.

I'll talk to you all later.
Love,
Debbie

Old 05-04-2002, 05:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Debbie!

IT'S OKAY to be sad. It's right to acknowledge the way you feel over an injury that has been done to you. I've found the worst thing I can do is try to pretend I'm too evolved to be upset about the crappy things an addict can do. It's better to nod at my feelings and let them out , rather than letting them grow and fester until I'm screaming at the air and wrecking my stock room.

In civilized people, it is not enough to NOT MEAN to harm. One has to MEAN to NOT-HARM. That indicates tailoring your behavior to accomodate the well being of those around you. That's an understood maxim among people who live in communities. All for one and one for all. That is the ideal of civilization.

Your husband has behaved in an uncivilized way, and you are hurt. You have every right to be.

Love,
Smoke
Old 05-04-2002, 06:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Paused

I'm just curious...Are we believing that he actually gave the friend the $500? or are we thinking that he gave her $120 and spent the rest and the friend is covering his pig-tailed behind?

At this point it probably doesn't even matter, but that's the first thing that crossed my mind.

In any event...Barbiedeb, that just sucks. But good for you for apologizing to his friend.

Heels
Old 05-04-2002, 06:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Heels

She admits she had the money but you could be right, for some reason my gut tells me she spent it. Who knows at this point. His bills are his concern and well the rent which is his reposnibility I just don't know, I know we won't get thrown out since the landlord is a relative but maybe she should throw us out. Reality check!! I would always have some where to go without him. I would just worry about my babies (dogs) because I couldn't take them Oh well, we shall see what happens.

And Smoke

Thanks for the words. I am better now maybe because he went out. I think I am more worried/sad about this thing than he is but he has always been good at hiding his feelings. I do know - he calls her a couple times a day asking if she has found out what happened to the money. All the quacking going on, not sure which duck to believe so maybe I should choose to believe neither.

Oh well, I was just checking in before going out myself. No sense in hanging out here at my house when there is a beautiful day out there.

Talk to you all later.
Love,
Debbie