Old 06-25-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just left a relationship due to alcohol/pot addiction. Dealing with heartache and loneliness but taking care of myself in healthy ways, including my meditation practice, reading dozens of books, articles, blogs, and websites on the subject. I fell in love big time, and it doesn't happen often for a widow of 66. So now, I'm here for support: both to give and to receive. Am learning a lot. Some days I have perspective and some acceptance. Other days, like yesterday, I can only cry. Didn't know I was capable of so many tears. But the emotional catharsis helps, too. In some ways, it's good that we have had a long distance relationship. I live in OR and he lives in CA. It made it easier for ABF to hide out, but our real-time, in person relationship revealed the extent of the problem. I am also in an addiction recovery book circle through my Buddhist sangha. Extremely helpful for me to look at my OWN addiction/compulsion around the relationship. I thought I went to learn about HIM, but, of course, it's about me, too. thanks for being here, all your courageous people!
Old 06-25-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wylderose! i really like your point about going to learn about HIM, and finding out it's about you too! YOU matter very much.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

read and read and read some more...

Melody Beattie offers a good read also, CO DEPENDENT NO MORE....just another insight..

and WELCOME...
Old 06-25-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello wylderose,

I am also in an addiction recovery book circle through my Buddhist sangha. Extremely helpful for me to look at my OWN addiction/compulsion around the relationship.
This sounds fascinating to me!

Welcome to the forum and yes, it is about you.
I have just recently found how just letting the tears out is so helpful (I am 54).
I feel relaxed and a little sleepy after a big cry, but kind of clear too.

anyway, hello!

Beth