Anyone else been peed on by their Alcoholic partner?

Old 06-25-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

My late Ex use to pee the bed then blame it on a tough day.. yeah right. I know sleep in a mattress that has NEVER been peed on and it's awesome!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Long before I started drinking, when I was in my twenties, I dated a guy who threw up in my bed. He was a blackout drinker, but each and every time he'd say it was food poisoning. I was so friggin ignorant about alcoholism that I actually believed him. Besides he was in medical school, so he would know, right?

Little did I know that one day it would be me that would throw up on the couch. Once. Detox and rehab same day.

I have a friend who peed on her friend's sofa. She has two and half years of sobriety today.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have been peed on a few times. Each time he blamed it on one of our dogs. I'm not sure which one of us was more humiliated and embarrassed. Welcome to SR. I've only been here a couple of days and have found more comfort and understanding than I ever could have imagined. It's so empowering to discover that you're not alone.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I've also had the disgusting pleasure. We were at the beach and our two grand kids were sleeping in the same room. I was so disgusted but I had to be careful and quiete not to wake the kids. It was an awful experience, one that I will thankfully never experience again. He'd often come home and his pants would be soaked. Blamed it on the medicine he was taking (quack! Quack!). You know what his car smelled like. He denied that too!

Last edited by grammyb; 06-26-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Error
Old 06-26-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I don't know how often I cleaned carpets, mattresses, sofas, etc. I was also peed on twice...When we moved they replaced the carpet because of "pet stains." If only they knew that the dogs never peed inside...
Old 06-26-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

OMG TFG that never happened with me personally. Between this thread and and signing the 24 hour thread; I never, ever want to drink again. At first I wanted the OP to be a troll, but even if so, this does happen. I feel sad, yet with a heightened sense of resolve. So Sorry that happened to Cupcake75. I'll probably have nightmares about adult diapers tonight....
Old 06-26-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I don't in any way mean to sound insensitive, and if I come across that way, I apologize.
But do y'all realize what a sick thing that is to put up with?

I mean, if I asked my normie friends if their spouse had ever peed on them, they'd think I was talking some kinky sex preference. Seriously. A person in a normal relationship would not be able to fathom that anyone puts up with that. And here, it's something many of us have dealt with. And keep dealing with.

I think this is yet another example of the frog in the pot thing -- we gradually lose sense of what's acceptable and normal to put up with from other people. This particular thing didn't happen to me, but lots of other things that I can look at in retrospect and ask "in what universe was I living when I didn't immediately realize that that was unacceptable behavior?"
Old 06-26-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
I don't in any way mean to sound insensitive, and if I come across that way, I apologize.
But do y'all realize what a sick thing that is to put up with?

I mean, if I asked my normie friends if their spouse had ever peed on them, they'd think I was talking some kinky sex preference. Seriously. A person in a normal relationship would not be able to fathom that anyone puts up with that. And here, it's something many of us have dealt with. And keep dealing with.

I think this is yet another example of the frog in the pot thing -- we gradually lose sense of what's acceptable and normal to put up with from other people. This particular thing didn't happen to me, but lots of other things that I can look at in retrospect and ask "in what universe was I living when I didn't immediately realize that that was unacceptable behavior?"
Lillamy, I think you raised a very valid point...
It is amazing how desensitized one can become after being exposed to a dysfunctional relationship over a period of time...

When I look back of some of the nonsense I've allowed myself to "take on" I stop and say to myself and "Wtf, was I thinking?!"

In any event, it is so very sad that this disease has the ability to destroy just about everything in its path....
Old 06-26-2013, 08:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

That is soooo true. We kind of get reprogrammed. Our normal is not "Normal". Its a parallel universe of dysfunction.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ughh Thank God I never had to contend with that.

I do remember over 25 years ago though when we were just married STBXAH got up from the couch in a drunken stupor and staggered out of the room - I was very suspicious so I followed him - instead of going upstairs to the bathroom he opened the outside door to the porch and then turned to face the wall and started fumbling with his trousers - I grabbed him and started shouting NO NO this is not the bathroom and made him go upstairs - and that did not happen again.

However the snoring from him with his daily drinking was unbearable and I wonder now I survived with 2 young children and having to get up for work with so little sleep. Trying to sleep in a different room was a big fight and he would go nuts when I tried to do that - I remember once he said " fine - go and take all the pretty/nice things and leave all the ugly things behind because I am ugly too"!

His A best friend was there trying to mediate not listening to a word I said - saying oh he misses and loves his wife bla bla meanwhile I was so tired I just wanted to die!
As the years went by and the kids grew he would struggle with insomnia and always slept on the couch - I would come and lie beside him eventually just to be close to him, in time my sleep pattern became completely messed up as well and still has not returned to normal till this day.!!

Now I realize that was just not a normal way to live and was sad and unacceptable!

The things we do - honeslty!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Not in two years, because that is when I stopped sleeping in the same bed. I also put childproof latches on the closet door because he would get "lost" and go in there to pee. (Apparently,he thought it was the bathroom and yelled at me for moving the light switches. I still don't understand how he could confuse my suitcase with the commode either.) I keep his bedroom door closed so only that room smells like an outhouse, not the whole upstairs.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. When you said it makes you feel like nothing, it brought tears to my eyes. Please keep coming here.

I haven't dealt with this personally.

I'm so sorry you feel so upset.

((((((((Hugs))))))))
Old 07-11-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Yep, I've been pee'd on also.

it started happening near the end of our time together.

It wasn't the final straw, but I seriously started seeing things in a different light.

Pissing the bed, is not my definition of " highly functional".

I view it as losing control.

This is habitual drunkard behavior.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by luckyinlife View Post
Long before I started drinking, when I was in my twenties, I dated a guy who threw up in my bed. He was a blackout drinker, but each and every time he'd say it was food poisoning. I was so friggin ignorant about alcoholism that I actually believed him. Besides he was in medical school, so he would know, right?
Back when I was playing Army as an LT, I had to go to a training school for several months.

Bunch of LTs, from all over, and there was a local college near by. Sometimes girls from there would wind up over at our place.

One night one of the LTs is getting sh1t faced drunk, has a local girl, and is crying (actually crying) about since he has a fiance back home, and he "has to" do this local girl, it makes him just like his Alcoholic Dad, who ran around on his Mom, and that he always hated his Dad for that.

But he that was not slowing down his drinking a bit.

Since a drunk has to do what a drunk has to do, they proceeded upstairs to do just that.

So they are upstairs in the Throes of Passion, so to speak, him on top of her, and his stomach cuts loose and he blows chunks right in her face and all over her hair.

We all laughed and laughed about that for weeks.

The really funny part was she came back for more.

Cute couple, there.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yep. My ex husband peed the bed regularly. He also peed in a wicker wastebasket, a bathroom drawer, my underwear drawer, and the kids toy box.
I think the worst was when I woke up and our kitchen floor had a huge puddle and I sat right down in it on the wood floor mopping it up trying to find the broken pipe under the sink. No broken pipe, just my drunk husband. Ugh!! Makes me mad even remembering it.
Anyway. It's good you are here. I'm here for my own addiction but I wander over here sometimes because I've been there. It is heart breaking and hurtful. Does he want to get better, and does he realize he has a problem? People here will help and listen. Hugs to you.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Back when I was playing Army as an LT, I had to go to a training school for several months.

Bunch of LTs, from all over, and there was a local college near by. Sometimes girls from there would wind up over at our place.

One night one of the LTs is getting sh1t faced drunk, has a local girl, and is crying (actually crying) about since he has a fiance back home, and he "has to" do this local girl, it makes him just like his Alcoholic Dad, who ran around on his Mom, and that he always hated his Dad for that.

But he that was not slowing down his drinking a bit.

Since a drunk has to do what a drunk has to do, they proceeded upstairs to do just that.

So they are upstairs in the Throes of Passion, so to speak, him on top of her, and his stomach cuts loose and he blows chunks right in her face and all over her hair.

We all laughed and laughed about that for weeks.

The really funny part was she came back for more.

Cute couple, there.
Dear LORD!!!! Talk about settling for crumbs, or in this girl's case, chunks....
Old 07-12-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Never for me, count my lucky stars.

If that happened to me more than once, I would purchase a bag of adult diapers and hand it to the person.
Mean? Making a point. Or simply a reality of the situation.
Plastic mattress cover too!
And I'd sleep in another room until they stopped drinking.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

My brother in law is an alcoholic. Years ago, before we realized he had a drinking addiction my sister in law pulled me aside and told me she needed to talk to me. she said she heard a sound in the bedroom in the middle of the night. When she turned on the light she found my brother in law peeing down the heating vent. She attributed it to sleepwalking. Now I know it's because he was an alcoholic then too, we just didn't know it yet.