Where are you "Just Tired"?

Old 04-16-2002, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Post Where are you "Just Tired"?

I'm missing you. Haven't seen you post lately. I might not be lookin in the right place though.

Morning Glory

Old 04-17-2002, 11:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I'm here...thanks for asking. I have been playing games over on the Nar Anon board. And the sun finally came out and we got some warm weather. That always gets me busy, you know yard work and all. Plus my H keeps coming in and looking over my shoulder and going "what cha up to internet girl?" I think he thinks I found me a cyber guy. Just what I need.
All's well here thanks to all of you. Al Anon is life long for me and I was resting for a couple years and just when I wasn't looking my psychosis reared up and bit me in the a**. I found this place and I am back working on me and everything is ok...today. It wasn't pretty but I think I believed that if I worked on me, my son would get well and that just isn't true. Even after years in the program you can still get knocked on your butt. There are no graduation ceromonies in Al Anon.

You are doing so well...keep it up!
Paula
Old 04-17-2002, 11:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

You helped me receive the gift of acceptance and for the first time in my life I am living in today. I was so neglected as a child that hope became my only way of surviving. I was always hoping for what I didn't have and missed all the small joys of today.

I'm starting from scratch, but thanks to you I'm starting. I appreciate what you helped me to see. It's not so bad looking at reality. It is kind of comforting.

By accepting, I was forced to grieve my losses and start over. I'm still grieving, but I'm starting to notice the small things in life today, that are important. I think I am going to learn how to live now instead of waiting and hoping to live.

Thank you Paula.

Old 04-17-2002, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Morning Glory,

I am so happy for you

Keep good thoughts. This thing is life long...after alot of years of things being pretty mellow I had a crisis because I wasn't paying attention. But you know what...I knew where to go to get myself back on track.

And that isn't saying that you have to go at break neck speed for the rest of your life. All that means is that if you get a good strong program under you belt...after you have seen miracles happen...you will always know that help is out there and where to go when you need it.

I am so happy that I could be of some help to you. Al Anon is the single most empowering thing that ever came into my life and the irony is that it was an alcoholic that got me there..

It works if you work it...
Paula