Tomorrow......Tomorrow......I love Ya

Old 05-16-2002, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Post Tomorrow......Tomorrow......I love Ya

MG - That was great. Annie is one of my most favorite movies. Yeah, I'm a sap. I've watched it about 1000 times with my daughters. I still cry.

I've had another real bad day. I had to call my therapist and go in to see her. I really think I'm losing it. I've gone crazy!!! I'm so scattered brained lately, I can't stand it. Acceptance and letting go is the hardest thing i've ever had to do.
I know I have to if I want any peace and serenity in my life.

Smoke,
When you're done with that skillet please hand it over!

Love you guys,
Galnva

[This message has been edited by helluvagalnva (edited May 16, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by helluvagalnva (edited May 16, 2002).]
Old 05-16-2002, 07:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Well Galnva,
I'm feeling rather crazy myself. I haven't been able to sleep for a couple of days and that makes me feel crazy.

Acceptance can start by just accepting where you are right now. Acceptance does not necessarily involve change. Letting go might be letting go of the desire to change things. Sit down and be still. You are running in circles. Its like having a magic carpet. You sit on the carpet and the carpet does the traveling. When you get off the carpet you go no where.

It's totally the opposite of what we think we should do. So pretend that the HP is the magic carpet. If the carpet moves, you move. If the carpet doesn't move, you don't move. That's letting go. That's acceptance. You'll know when the carpet is moving. Waiting can be very hard.

Just my opinion and you're ok.

MG

[This message has been edited by Morning Glory (edited May 16, 2002).]

Old 05-16-2002, 07:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

....sometimes it is so simple and we seem to make it hard. The first step...admitting that we are powerless...is about realizing that all the things we have done in the past have not worked. When I started in this program that was one fact that was glaringly obvious...all the screaming, and following, and searching and phone calls and fights and more screaming had not done one thing to change what the A was doing. After you face that fact the only thing left to do is accept it. And once you can accept that one thing the next obvious thing to do is let him/her go. All the skillets in our collective welcome packets are not going to change one thing regarding the choices they make...

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Love,
JT
Old 05-16-2002, 08:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Now that I look at my post, it might not make much sense. I may have forgot about the elephant in the living room. I know what I mean, but I've confused myself so I know it's time for bed.

Goodnight
I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.

MG