Just "venting"

Old 05-16-2002, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Exclamation Just "venting"

Does the "quacking" ever stop? He asked where I was going, I answered "I have some errunds to run, and i'm getting my hair cut." Because I didn't give an exact list, he didn't like it. "You're keeping secrets" my A says. How am I keeping secrets? I just have a few errunds to run and them I am going home. "Why do you have to know where I am every second of the day?" "So I know you are safe" he says. ha ha ha ha ha ha (that's me laughing)And that is going to guarantee I am safe? At this point, I am not going to tell him just because i'm mad!!! "How are you getting your hair cut" he asks. I haven't decided, I answer. He says " don't get it cut short." He says he'll still love me if I get it cut short. I said oh well.....if you don't because of a hair cut, I feel sorry for you, and besides that, it's hair, it will grow back if I want it to. Well.......guess what I did....I had 5 inches cut off, it's just below my ears now, very short for me. I have been thinking about doing it for a long time, and I love it!!!!!
I know it's the control thing, and he doesn't have control any more, and he sure doesn't like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He doesn't live here right now (I kicked him out about 3 months ago) and I don't know if he will ever live here again. I am just not yet at that place where I can let him come home yet (if ever). I have a couple months of Al-Anon and I am better......and I do feel closer to a decision......but it's not there yet, and he doesn't understand what's holding me back.
Thanks for listening to me. I just had to get it off my chest.
Hugs to all
Chandra
Old 05-16-2002, 02:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Oh ya......and wait until he finds out he isn't coming over this weekend and hanging out. My son is going to his dads Friday and won't be home until Sunday......first weekend ALL ALONE for about 3 years. I am going to have a "ME" weekend. Even if all I do is lay on the couch!!!!!!!
Hugs
Chandra
Old 05-16-2002, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Chandra!
You couldn't have picked a better screen name. Sounds like you are on your way indeed! Have a fabulous YOU weekend!

Love,
Smoke
Old 05-16-2002, 05:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Chandra

Your hair sounds cute! I just got my hair cut short a few months ago for the first time. I always got the "but I love long hair". Well I told him to grow his long because he takes care of his and I am the one who needs to take care of mine.

Your all ME weekend sounds great too!! Too bad you live in another state or we could have a pajama party or something

I am silly but I feel good, just got back from a meeting and they always make me feel better.

Take care and have a great all me weekend!!

Love,
Debbie

Glad you could use the hugs!!! Heres some more **************{Chandra}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 05-16-2002, 06:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Your hair sounds great!! Short is in and everyone needs a new do every now and then. Whats up with men and the long hair thing anyway. My A says the same thing. I got my hair cut short about a year ago, just because he didn't want me to and he hates short hair made me want to even more. I loved it! Enjoy your new look!!!

By he way - love the name too! I need some sanity right now!! Send some my way, would ya?

Love,
Galnva
Old 05-17-2002, 03:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile

Chandra,
I dont think the 'quacking' ever stops...I think we just learn how to not let it get to us as much as it used to. I too always had long hair, which my 'A' always wanted me to keep. Up until 2 years ago, I kept it the way 'HE' wanted it. I now keep it the way I want and what feels comfortable for me. Not that I can do a darn thing with it tho *grin* I had a crappy Monday, then a worse Tuesday... tuesday I allowed my 'A' to take my serenity away from me. I took so much then just blew a gasket... The trouble you are having with Anthony is pretty common I think. I had the same problem with my oldest daughter (Mandy) not long after my 'A' began his drinking career again. Tonight we will have to get together after the meeting and talk about it. I think you are doing a great job...keep it up!
*** Happy people know that regardless of what happened yesterday, last month, years ago--or what might happen later today, tomorrow, or next year--now is the only place where happiness can actually be found and experienced**

Penny
Old 05-17-2002, 05:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Smoke,
This week has been "HELL WEEK", I am going to look for my sanity, and when I find it, I will be glad to share.
I just came from a meeting.....and already feel better (Although I went to dinner with my A and he didn't like it when I told him about "My" weekend......didn't like my hair either..said it was to short...oh well)

Deb,
"PJ" pary sounds great! Wish we could. What a thought, all of us together.....WITH NO QUACKING TO LISTEN TO!!!

Gal,
When I find it......I will be glad to share!!
I love my hair!!! It's easy to fix in the morning ( I'm not a morning person as it is) and it's cute......makes me feel cute!!!!!
EVERYONE who has seen it says they like it too.
Twinkle,
What can I say.....I am trying but....you know the saying......God give me patience, and HURRY!
Thank you for the talk tonight.

What is it with men and hair???????? Seems it is a testosterone thing!!! Do they all do it?? Probably! Oh well!
We have just "Lowered our ears" (cut our hair short) so that we can hear our HP better!!!!!!
Thank you all for your replys.
((((( Hugs to all)))))
Love, Chandra

P.S. I will be lurking around on and off all weekend. See you all later!!