Urrrgh!!! Weirded out

Old 06-13-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Urrrgh!!! Weirded out

Feeling a little weirded out the last week or so. My husband has been nice (?) Hung the washing out on the line, washed the dishes, read stories to our son , played with him...........I don't get it. He has still been drinking...8 cans of lager this evening. 12 cans on Saturday and Sunday but he's being thoughtful and reflective. Maybe it's because I'm pregnant......anyway I don't trust it but it's a breather from incessant self pity and selfishness. Can anyone help me to understand?
I did ask God to take care of life for me from now on as I've not been doing the best job.
On the planning front. My friend gave me £50 to add to my fund and I'm planning on putting my name on the local housing list tomorrow. Also I am going to my first Al-Anon meeting on Sunday and I know exactly where it is due to an unexpected coincidence during the week. I'm hoping that will help...my only anxiety is that my son may be exposed to unfamiliar peoples raw emotions....how do I deal with that? He's 18 months old and I have to bring him with me because he's so clingy at the moment I can't leave him with anyone.
Thank you
Old 06-13-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I wouldn't worry about your son. Even though people sometimes cry at meetings, they don't generally go berserk or anything. Most meetings are just talking around the table, reading, nothing at all alarming for a baby or a small child.

As far as your husband's behavior goes, who knows? Most alcoholics aren't unpleasant ALL the time. In fact, most of them are basically good people who have gotten trapped in addiction and develop all kinds of unpleasant behaviors and attitudes to protect the addiction. That doesn't mean you don't have the right to protect yourself from those behaviors and attitudes when they harm you.

For right now, enjoy the breather from the chaos, keeping in mind that it won't last forever. Glad you are planning to take good care of yourself, including getting to that meeting!
Old 06-13-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear JavaJoe, I'm so glad to hear that you are still putting a plan together--and, that you are going to an alanon meeting. You will feel better for having just met these understanding people in person. You will feel the support that you so badly need, right now.

You are doing the right and responsible thing for you and your two little ones.

You are n ot alone. We care about you. Post as often as you want to and please let us know how things are going.

As for your husband--who knows what is going on in his mind---just be grateful for the help as it comes!!

dandylion
Old 06-13-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Also I am going to my first Al-Anon meeting on Sunday and I know exactly where it is due to an unexpected coincidence during the week.
Isn't it incredible how things work out? I like to think that these kind of things happen for our benefit. I hope the same for you.

Your baby will be okay. Yes, there is a little crying, but there won't be any chaos of any kind. I have never seen any.

As for your husband, he might be in a reflective mood, and just take it as it goes.
I am in recovery, and I was that quiet, sit in the corner, and just nod off (pass out is more correct) kind of drunk.

I am so glad to hear you continue with your plans to help yourself and your precious babies. That takes strength lady, and you got it. Keep up the good work.

Beth