Speaking Again ~

Old 06-13-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Speaking Again ~

I truly don't know why ~ but it seems the God of my understanding has me on the path to share my story on a regular basis ~

Usually the week before and the week after are pretty tough weeks ~

This time has been no exception ~

I use to wonder why ~ wonder if it was "spiritual warfare" question why God wants me to share when it makes things so difficult and even be so bold as to tell Him I wouldn't do it any more ~ (I'm sure he laughed at that one)

Through prayer, meditation and completely throwing myself deep into working my program ~ I have realized the reason things are always difficult before I have a meeting or convention to share my story ~ is because my God wants to make sure I am totally dependant upon Him for my direction, strength and guidance ~

My story comes from what He needs to be shared to help someone ~ not what I think needs to be said.

After all - it's not about me ~ It's about recovery and someone sitting in that room finding their HOPE again and learning there is another way.

So, if you have a spare moment this Saturday the 15 around 7:00 pm (cst) I will be sharing what my HP lays on my heart as my e, s, & h - please keep me in your thoughts & prayers ~

For I know, the more recovery friends & family I have in my corner - the more of OUR e, s, & h my HP will give me to share to help someone else find the Hope that we are discovering ODAT ~

Thank you for your support ~

and as always
PINK HUGS (Hope, unity, Gratitude & Serenity)
Old 06-13-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there MsPink

I will tell you a story: "Once upon a time in a land far away"... well, far away from you

Okay, seriously now. I don't much care for speaking. I do it when I'm asked, and if my health allows. I'm not very good at it, not like the "circuit speakers", but I do my best. One evening, after going to a meet I don't usually attend, I was hanging around outside waiting for my ride. A young lady from the meet came out on her way to the parking lot, with a 3-year old in tow.

She came up to me and said that I had spoken at some other meet, many years ago, and that something I said made sense to her, somehow "connected" with what she was feeling. She was brand new at the time, but never forgot what I said. She had been clean and sober every since. Now she has a lovely marriage and that little 3 year old. She told her little one to say "hello" to me. The words she said I will never forget: "That man is the reason you are alive".

I don't remember where it was that I spoke, that this woman remembers. I don't remember what it was I said, that she remembers. Whatever it was, it touched her. Many years later, she touched me.

That is how this program works for me. I do what I can. I have no idea how it will help others, or even if it will. Somehow, someway, it ends up helping me.

Saturday the 15th, I'll have you in my thoughts and prayers. If I keep very quiet maybe I will hear the applause after you speak, all the way out here in the back of beyond

Mike
Old 06-13-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm sure your share will be utterly pinkful! (OMG, when I typed that, autocorrect changed it to PAINFUL--it most DEFINITELY won't be that!)

Mike is right--I know I have come into meetings in quite a mood, getting impatient with the shares, looking at the clock, and somebody will say something that was JUST what I needed to hear. Usually it's nothing particularly profound or clever, just something--a reminder, a lightbulb moment, a gentle kick in the butt that I need--that I needed to hear.

Share from the heart and you can NEVER make a bad share.

Hugs!!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

good for you. just tell your story....don't try and make it into a parable...just speak YOUR truth....what is was like, what happened and what we are like now. it's not a speech...it's a story. you go miss pink!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

MsPinkAcres,

My ex husband, (the second one) just left your lovely state.
I wonder, if somehow if my HP's sense of humor has it in for me!
He is back here, and as my daughter tells me, sober as a judge.
LOL

I might have to move down there for the warmth.
But, I will be sending you my e.s.h., all wrapped up in a pinkful hugs.

Mike, if you tell another story that makes me cry happy tears,
I think in my tribe you have to marry me! LOL
Thank you so much for that. The tribe is in Ireland, of course.

Okay, the 15th at 7pm CST (have to change that to my time.) It should be easy, cuz my ex used to live there, but....one hour later? Yeah. one hour later than est.
8 pm on the 15th.

Yay! For you Ms Pink Acres and whoever is lucky enough to hear you.
will there be a CD to listen to?

Beth
Old 06-14-2013, 03:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm sure you are going to be brilliantly pinkful!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers the whole way
Old 06-14-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Will have you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow Pink You have always been an inspiration to me and I enjoy reading what you have to say! I'm sure your "speaking" will be even better to those fortunate enough to get to hear you. Blessings
Old 06-14-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

wear pink panties...and everything else will work out PINKY
Old 06-14-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Damn it, Mike. You made me cry at work!
Old 06-17-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Thank you so much for the love and support ~ all of you are very pinkfantabulous!!

Mike - what a special gift your HP gave you ~ to all you to be a tool to help someone see the miracles of the program!! gives me the God bumps!!

I know that I shared what the God of my understanding wanted me to share - from my point of view I forgot lots of stuff - lol

And I was very blessed to have lots of my recovery friends & family there for support and was asked for my contact information to speak at another meeting in the near future -

My HP has a plan and it's my responsibility to suit up & show up ~

I pray each of you have a pinkful day!

(and yes there was lots of PINK in the room - but let's not talk about pink panties some of the guys may blush )

pink hugs!