Step Three - I'm finally getting it.

Old 05-17-2004, 09:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Step Three - I'm finally getting it.

I had a hard time with Step 3 because I couldn't figure out what "God as I understand him" was. Over the last week or so, I'm figuring it out for me.

I finally figured out that for me, He is not some faceless being in the heavens keeping score of my life. I don't have to speak in hushed tones and drop to my knees in his presence. He is my best friend. He's not always serious and everything we talk about doesn't have to be earth shaking. He knows everything about me - everything I've done and haven't done - and He understands and loves me anyway. He is with me every minute of every day. He can even say something funny and make me laugh when I need it. He can say "Let's take a walk." when He knows I need a walk. He will listen and understand when there is no one else to talk to and no one else would understand. It's hard to explain but I can't imagine feeling all alone anymore. No matter what happens, I'll always have my best friend.

Maybe everyone else in the world has always known all of that. But, for me, it is a miracle. Just wanted to share because today I am GREAT and GRATEFUL.
Thanks to all for all your help -
L
Old 05-17-2004, 09:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

It's so great when we figure out the HP of OUR understanding! Good for you!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh I just love the happy posts!!
Good news Lorelai, very good news.
Gabe
Old 05-17-2004, 10:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations. It is a wonderful feeling to know you are not alone. I recently figured out the same things you did. I feel like I have someone in my corner who loves me unconditionally no matter what. Once again, Congratulations.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the congrats everyone. It is amazing to me. All that is asked of you is to stay open and try. The steps are really like being carried along with a river. It's something that is done for you - not something that you do.
Almost can say I'm grateful for having an AH because I might never have found this for myself if not. WOW - Never thought I'd say THAT. :surprised
Old 05-17-2004, 12:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

I am so happy for you. You are getting it. It's funny that when I started understanding, I wondered how I could have missed it. I thought it would be much more complicated, but it is so beautifully simple. Hugs, Magic