SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Update on my medical situation and need for suport. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/296361-update-my-medical-situation-need-suport.html)

Kassie2 05-31-2013 04:25 AM

Update on my medical situation and need for suport.

To bring people up to date - back in Feb I lost vision in one eye suddenly and a month later it was starting in the other eye. They thought I was going to loose them both at the time. Right now, they have changed the prognosis - my vision is back with glasses to assist me.

I was initially believed I had a primary illness attacking my eyes so the search for an illness began. Three months later and many tests ( I think one of the nurses said I had everything in the book - and BTW the hospital knows by name now) and three biopsies later - we have a diagnosis. Treatment can begin and the prognosis is good.

It seems that I was lucky enough to have the least of all problems and tho my illness is uncureable - it is treatable and manageable. They also raved about how healthy I was for my age and feel it is a real plus for a prognosis. ( My son seemed so proud that the hospital staff kept commenting on how healthy i was and how I was the best pt of the day.)

So thank you everyone for your prayers and support. Will still the encouragement and support as there will be some changes ahead as I have to do a better job at taking care of me first.

This has become a more serious struggle with increasing job threats and demands as I am sole self provider (and looking into options).

wicked 05-31-2013 11:57 AM

Living with change

Right now, they have changed the prognosis - my vision is back with glasses to assist me.
Oh Kassie, what wonderful news! I am so delighted and pleased for you.
You deserve all that is good in life, and this is one. Thank you HP.

Treatment can begin and the prognosis is good.
Well, now I get to cry a little bit with relief. Thank you again HP.

( My son seemed so proud that the hospital staff kept commenting on how healthy i was and how I was the best pt of the day.)
No doubt you are the best patient ever, and it looks like you have been a good job of taking care of yourself.
Isn't it funny when our kids act like our parents? Being proud because we did well on something? LOL

This has become a more serious struggle with increasing job threats and demands as I am sole self provider (and looking into options).
Ya know Kassie, somehow I feel you will handle this just fine. It will work out for the best for you because of the work you are willing to do on you.
And ask for help and support when you need it.

You are a wonder of recovery, and I admire you for that.
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your recovery and life.

Beth

PS
I joined a gym today. Not an impulse, carefully thought out and reasoned over.
The manager is an extremely well built guy about my age, (maybe a little over built ;) )who cares about his clients getting results. I told him I would need a push now and then and he said,
"That is my job, to make sure you are healthy and doing the exercises correctly, I will not push too hard, but you will get results."
I am actually excited about this change.
One day at a time. Taking it easy. Keeping it simple.
:thanks

Patsfan 05-31-2013 05:13 PM

Glad you have a proper diagnosis and can get the treatment you need :) also happy you're vision is back with glasses.....that is great news.