SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Wesak full moon (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/296087-wesak-full-moon.html)

LaTeeDa 05-28-2013 11:24 AM

Wesak full moon

1 Attachment(s)
I realize I haven't been posting photos here recently because I have been busy working on my gallery/blog/facebook page and other forms of marketing. So, I decided to take a break and post some of my recent shots just to share. I went out Friday evening to shoot the full moon of May because it is Wesak and it is kind of a big deal around here.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Wesak, here is a brief summary:

"Wesak is the most important of the Buddhist festivals and is celebrated on the full moon in May. It celebrates the Buddha's birthday, and, for some Buddhists, also marks his enlightenment and death."

LaTeeDa 05-28-2013 11:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
While I was waiting for the full moon (which I wasn't even sure I would be able to see for the clouds) I shot the mountain in different lighting and various stages of sunset.

LaTeeDa 05-28-2013 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Then came the golden light...

LaTeeDa 05-28-2013 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And then the pink...

At this point, I was okay with the moon deciding not to show, since I already had a pretty good shoot. But, it did finally make an appearance, which really just topped off the night. :)

LexieCat 05-28-2013 11:46 AM

Breathtaking, really.

The full moon one knocks me out.

dandylion 05-28-2013 11:51 AM

OH, LaTeDa---you are a truly talented artist. Your photos are breathtaking.

Thanks!

dandylion

EverHopeful721 05-28-2013 11:52 AM

Absolutely beautiful pix!! Thank you for sharing!!

honeypig 05-28-2013 12:38 PM

That first photo is my favorite; I love to be out in the darkness and that is a lovely, lovely image. I will carry that in my mind when I do my "Mountain Meditation." Thanks for sharing those pictures. They are inspirational and peaceful.

LaTeeDa 05-28-2013 12:57 PM

Well, it was after 9pm and I was beginning to think that there would be no moon. Or at least not until much later when it would be too high and small in the sky to make a good shot. And just when I was about to give up and go home, I saw a bright spot in the clouds. So, I decided to stick around and see if it would show through. About ten minutes after that, the bright spot became an actual moon! I'm so glad I waited. If nothing else, landscape photography has helped my patience immensely, lol!

L

transformyself 05-28-2013 02:49 PM

Stunning! thanks for sharing

LoveMeNow 05-28-2013 03:12 PM

Gorgeous! Thank you for taking the time to share here too. :)

wicked 05-28-2013 03:53 PM

How peaceful and serene they are, truly calm.
Thank you so much.

Beth

Seren 05-28-2013 04:12 PM

Just beautiful, LTD! I especially love the photo with the moon--such a peaceful and lovely image :)

LaTeeDa 05-28-2013 04:55 PM

You are all very kind. I never dreamed I would be doing the things I am doing today when I hit my codependent bottom back in 2005. I have truly found my bliss, as Joseph Campbell said.

A short update on me--I posted when a local gallery accepted my images, still no sales from there, but tourist season only started. Since then, a high-end hotel has asked me to hang my images for sale and a yoga studio/coffee house/community garden type place is also wanting to carry my work. Online sales have been steady, although not as abundant as I would like ;), and I'm not stressing about it. I enjoy the connections I make with people through my photography even if they are not customers. But, most of all, I just love shooting photos, so that is what I will continue to do.

I haven't been this broke in 30 years, and I don't think I've been this happy in all my life. :)

L

dandylion 05-28-2013 05:02 PM

Dear LaTeDa, I am going to pray that High Sierra and Allposters.com gets wind of your work.

dandylion

Katiekate 05-28-2013 05:07 PM

Stunning!

posiesperson 05-28-2013 05:20 PM

Absolutely wonderful. Thanks for posting these!!

posie

AnvilheadII 05-28-2013 05:58 PM

I thought of you today...a gal that in another dept that I work with just came back from a trip to Provence, France and Holland, on a camera buff trip...her photos were all good and some were simply exquisite...she has that EYE, capturing amazing angles of the architecture.

you have such a gift, m'dear. I am so glad you took that leap of faith, went from shutterbug to PHOTOGRAPHER. you create masterpieces thru the lens. i'm still in awe of how you capture movement in a still photo.....it's like you catch life in between the inhale and the exhale......

:c029:

LaTeeDa 05-28-2013 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII (Post 3988402)
.....it's like you catch life in between the inhale and the exhale......

:c029:

I love that! Actually, I think that's where life happens...

L

Rosiepetal 05-28-2013 08:31 PM

Thanks for sharing :You_Rock_