Feeling rejected

Old 05-25-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

I can understand your hurt . I would try to detach entirely even though its common for an alcoholic in recovery to want to focus on recovery I think its clear that with your emergency text to him in which he did not respond back its best to try and look at it like this relationship is over until and if blank but to carryon with YOUR life and happiness without him . Right now it seems he is "out" of the relationship physically and emotionally and hanging on emotionally for yourself will only hurt you even more so my honest advice would be to go on for yourself and be the person you are and if later on you two come together then yall come together.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

So Anon, hows it going today? Still maintaining 'no contact'?

This thread reminds me of a situation I had about a year ago...my daughter blew out a tire on the highway. She managed to get to the off-ramp and called me. Together we tried and tried to turn the lugnuts, including me standing on the tire iron and jumping...nothing. They were torqued so tightly I could not move them.

I started calling every guy I knew (and so did she), and finally dialed me ex's #. It was a moment of desperation, and I regretted it as soon as I dialed. I didn't even wait long enough for it to ring. At that moment, my Dad called back, happened to be about 10 miles away and came right over. Took him about 10 minutes to finish changing the tire, and off we went.

I could have called a tow truck. It was next on my list before my Dad got back to me. But I was trying to avoid $50 or so it would cost, and I really needed a strong man, not a tow! And we were too far off the highway to do the "cute stranded girls need help NOW" routine.

My ex never called back. I hope I hung up quick enough that my number didn't show up on his caller id.

Old habits are hard to break. I have road service now, too, for the same reasons others lay out here. If I am going it alone again, I need some back up!

Hope all is well,
~T
Old 05-26-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Old habits are hard to break. I have road service now, too, for the same reasons others lay out here. If I am going it alone again, I need some back up!
Yes, this is so true, and it takes time. For me, it took much longer than I wanted it to!

AnonK., Hope you found something fun to do this holiday weekend!

Beth
Old 05-26-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

No contact and no fun this weekend. Just lots of working and thinking...