Happy Mother's Day

Old 05-11-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Mother's Day

Hi! I just wanted to send a Mother's Day wish out to all the mom's (and dad's that take on the mom role). I want to acknowledge YOU and all you do for your children. Sending wishes for a happy, peaceful day.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Aw, thanks, CA--Happy Mom's Day to you, too!

Know what's kinda cool? Got my usual Mother's Day card from the family in Colorado, signed by kiddos with nice note from the ex and his wife, both signing it "love". And they mean it. I sent her a Mother's Day card, too, and signed it the same way. She has been a great stepmom to the kids, and unfailingly kind to me.

LOL, sometimes I feel like when I got divorced I didn't lose a husband, I gained a wife!
Old 05-11-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

DITTO CAgirl. All you mothers out there, you are FANTASTIC.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope all you mothers have a wonderful day and hope you get spoiled. Took my mother out to dinner last night with my girls and my brother. It's times like this I wish my ex could have surrended to this horrid disease that has affected too many people and their families.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy Mother's Day!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lexie - that is so nice to hear what a great relationship you have with you're ex and his wife. I had hoped for that with my RAH's ex but she went the opposite way.
I did receive a beautiful mini potted rose plant and card from my stepdaughter (22). She was 2 when I met my husband. It was such a nice surprise because since RAH served me separation papers I truly did not think I would hear from her.
It's a nice way to start off my Mother's Day!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
LOL, sometimes I feel like when I got divorced I didn't lose a husband, I gained a wife!
I can't tell you how much I have wanted a wife too! Good heavens, being a single Mom can be exhausting! Super big kudos to you that you acknowledge her contribution and appreciate it as well.

Happy Mother's Day to all here at SR.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

joining the chorus of Mom's Day wishes! I'm off to the ballpark with Miss Renee for The Tradition...Mom's Day at the Mariners! hopefully no line drives to the head this year! I picked seats down the first base line about 30 rows back, so hopefully no helmet required! hank suggested I take a mitt and I said, and do what with it? wear it on my head!?

may your day be peaceful and joyous!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

man, was THAT a blast! Renee and I found a free parking spot, we stopped at the electric lawnmower test drive tent and I took a test drive! zooming (slowly) around a little coned obstacle course, Nayz taking pictures - I only "mowed" over one cone! AND got a free t-shirt! we had plenty of time to walk around the concourse, check out all the new food venues, the new Edgar Martinez restaurant out by the bullpen, all the new open viewing sections, watched the parents and their little kids walking around the warning track (it was also little league day). oh WE got bracelets!! decent seats...so funny we were having such a good time before the game ever started we hadn't noticed they'd rolled the roof back!

she had a pulled pork hot link sandwich, I had a fully loaded nacho thing that I just could not finish. too funny, everywhere we went I'd see someone going by with food and say oh that looks good. it was the nachos i'd just had!!! game was great, M's took an early lead. Renee picked the right hat in the Hat Trick, I picked the yellow boat in the Hydro Races, it actually got kinda sunny, totally beat the forecast. we each got new shirts.

M's won 6-1. We stayed til the final out. and I didn't get hit the head!
Old 05-12-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

and a Happy Mother's day to you! I went to the park with the kids and guy friend, 10yo insisted I bring KFC(mother's day special), and we were there for 2 hours. 5yo fell asleep around 7:30, 10yo is in the shower and I expect him to be asleep by 9.

It was a great, relaxing, calm day.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I ate lunch at Whole Foods with a friend and his new baby. My 1.5 year old stood on a chair eating salad (yes, salad) with a fork, making a glorious mess and yelling, "Let's go!" My 3.5 year old comported himself with surprising control and helped me clean up the floor. People kept walking by, smiling and telling me Happy Mothers Day (I think they thought I was responsible for all 3 little creatures). My older one kept saying, "It's my mother's day." Very cute.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Aw, thanks, CA--Happy Mom's Day to you, too!

Know what's kinda cool? Got my usual Mother's Day card from the family in Colorado, signed by kiddos with nice note from the ex and his wife, both signing it "love". And they mean it. I sent her a Mother's Day card, too, and signed it the same way. She has been a great stepmom to the kids, and unfailingly kind to me.

I know somewhat how you feel. I'm the new wife and his ex wife has become one of my closest confidants. Who else know better the hell I'm in then her.