Slightly O/T - Inlaws (with A-MIL) Coming

Old 05-09-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
I thank you for all your replies, support, and input.

Believe me, I will be watching that idiot like a hawk, and if there is one mis-step, it will be dealt with.

For those of you who 'know' me and my story here, you understand how protective of my son I am, and how he comes first and foremost.

We'll be okay. He will be okay. God will watch over us.

C-OH Dad
COD -
There was never a doubt that you will do everything you can to protect your little one ~
You always do ~

prayers for the visit to go by as quickly as possible and maybe if you're lucky they will reduce the time of their stay by a week or so ~

Deep breaths and ODAT!

pink hugs!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MsPINKAcres View Post
COD -
There was never a doubt that you will do everything you can to protect your little one ~
You always do ~

prayers for the visit to go by as quickly as possible and maybe if you're lucky they will reduce the time of their stay by a week or so ~

Deep breaths and ODAT!

pink hugs!
They won't leave any time sooner, that's for sure. The A-MIL has nothing to do back home all day but sit around and fret and worry and make my AW feel guilty about being so far away from her and the grandson.

And what p*sses me even more is that I had to use the credit card freq flyer miles to get their asses over here!

Oh well.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
And what p*sses me even more is that I had to use the credit card freq flyer miles to get their asses over here!
Now THAT is infuriating!

I agree that 3 weeks is too long for any kind of company - nevermind a scenario as stressful as this.

I have a friend who's mom got tired of the revolving door of friends & relatives that decided to visit once she moved to her condo in FL & always wanted to stay too long in her opinion. After 3 days she would shut off her hot water heater & play stupid until they got so uncomfortable that they would either get a hotel room while she "got it repaired" or just leave & go home early since they really just wanted free room & board in the Sunshine State.... forking over cash for a hotel motivated them to cut their "vacations" short.

The last time I had company for more than 5 days I was tempted to disconnect my well system & see how long everyone would last with NO water, but luckily it didn't get that far. (heehee!)

I don't doubt that you have your boy's best interests as your #1 Priority while they are here (just like always), but don't forget that our kiddos are more sensitive; they pick up on more subtleties & react to all that underlying stress even when they don't realize it. Are there any special activities you can do with him? I love BlueSkies ideas, but I think your son is too young for a lot of them? I'm thinking one of those bounce house play places, Chuck E Cheese, etc. Good Luck COD!!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have a friend who's mom got tired of the revolving door of friends & relatives that decided to visit once she moved to her condo in FL & always wanted to stay too long in her opinion. After 3 days she would shut off her hot water heater & play stupid until they got so uncomfortable that they would either get a hotel room while she "got it repaired" or just leave & go home early since they really just wanted free room & board in the Sunshine State.... forking over cash for a hotel motivated them to cut their "vacations" short.
This is... brilliant.