RABF has 4 months sober

Old 04-30-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

RABF has 4 months sober

Hi SR friends.
I haven't posted in a while & just want to let you know that RABF is 4 months sober today.
He is healthier, happier & has so many good qualities that were masked by alcohol before.
I continue to work my own recovery & he works his own.
Our relationship has strengthened & if we face a problem we work it out together.
I realise there is still risks involved in dating a RA but I take one day at a time & live in the present.
I am so proud of him & at present we are happy.
I wish to thank SR for all the support, information & advice given which has helped.
Hugs to all.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

YAY Rosiepetal! My RABF was sober 5 months on April 23rd. I'm aware that this is still early recovery, but I'm grateful for the 5 months. Like you, we each work on our own recovery. I do my best to "stay on my side of the street". Our life is much calmer, and we are doing better together these days.

I have no idea what tomorrow holds, but I know thanks to AlAnon and this site I'll be able to get through it if it's not what I hoped for. In this moment, I am grateful for today.

I wish you both continued success
Old 05-01-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rosie, this is great news! And yes, there are risks. But life is risky. So as far as I am concerned, as long as you know yourself well and trust in your own good judgment to take care of yourself, the risks don't seem anywhere near as bad as they do if someone is actively drinking and spiraling out of control.

Keep on keepin on! And thanks for sharing.
~T