RIP my sweet Rottie

Old 04-24-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

RIP my sweet Rottie

I got a phone call from my daughter last night to tell me my dog was dead. It is news I have sort of been dreading since I left AH and had to leave him behind. My daughter asked AH if he had informed me and he said No sure she never asks after the dog, so next time she asks after him I'll tell her he died. This coming from the person who puts the phone down on me, refuses to speak to me and emailed that the urgency to which he wanted me out of his life should not be underestimated.

I don't seem to feel anything I expected to be in floods of tears, then again I feel on the verge. The reason the dog died is not clear all I know is that AH was 'away' and had asked the local vet to go and 'check up' on the dog which lived tied to a tree. Part of me thinks he is better of dead.
When do we get over these people, honestly. I have just moved house and go between hope and absolute fear - of what I don't know. Maybe I'm not handing over enough. Thanks for listening.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

oh sweetie, I'm so so sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

CR, I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to have to leave beloved pets with some one because they won't let them go and then how much it hurts to find out those same pets are gone.

It comes and goes, the being over them or over the hurt/disappointment/anger. At least it does here. There are days that I feel so strong and days when I feel so guilty or angry or hurt. Slowly, the OK days start to out-number the GRRRR days. It takes time, but we get there.

Sending hugs.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i'm so sorry.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Zee

I'm afraid I only care for animal welfare... If ANYONE I knew treated a dog this way...."tied to a tree to be left to die"... OUTTA MY LIFE FOREVER... I have no words left... your dog didn't deserve that. Wow... why did you get a dog, only to have it die?

If you knew the dog would be treated badly, you should have fought for him!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Zee, I don't think that cr995 "got a dog only to have it die". It sounds like the situation was that her AH got custody of the dog and she had no power over that. She sounds heart-broken, and deserves support for her loss, not criticism.

cr995, I am so very very sorry that you have suffered the loss of a dear friend in your dog. We used to raise puppies, and the grandmother and mother dogs died at ages 12 and 15 recently, and it was a terrible loss.

Take care, from my experience, the longer I am away from my STBXAH, and better and more peaceful life gets for me.

ShootingStar1
Old 04-24-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Zee

Sorry, was just thinking of the dog, my bad probably, sorry again... I jusy get so angry about mistreatment of animals ... Sorry for your loss, I can't help myself sometimes, I'm too much of an animal lover xxx
Old 04-24-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Zee

I accidently sat on my chihuahua the other day and she yelped, I cried for ages, i'm just a pile of mush when it comes to animals.......... sorry again, I am sorry for your loss..... I lost a Rottie/GSD to cancer when she was 8.... I'm always heartbroken.... really can't say how sorry I am.... I may buy a tortoise who will at least out-live me... sorry again... I feel so bad now
Old 04-24-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh! Many hugs! This is one of my greatest fears. I had to leave my kitty with my AH, and I am always thinking about him (my kitty, that is). I haven't spoken with my AH in over a year, so I just try to have faith that they are both okay. I dread ever finding out otherwise.

So sorry for your loss,
Fathom
Old 04-24-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I am so sorry for your loss!!

As I am getting up in years and have had to send many fur kids to the Rainbow Bridge I find this to be very comforting:

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
I hope it can help you also!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 04-24-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Laurie - It looks like a beautiful poem, the first line had me welling up so I will look at it when I am stronger/able to face this. I feel I am just puting the whole thing is a filing cabinet ...hopefully for my sake I will visit it before it hits me out of the blue.

AH has taunted me with harming my pet but I am hoping this was an accident, it doesn't bear thinking about otherwise.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm so very sorry for your loss

I'm glad ((Laurie)) posted about Rainbow Bridge. I lost my cat, a few months ago, and the one thing that can bring a smile to my broken heart, is imagining him playing with all the other beloved furbabies from my friends at SR on that bridge.

My prayers is that your dear rottie is playing hard, NO chains, and enjoying meeting all the new friends.

Doesn't take away OUR heart ache, but it does help.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-24-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I am very very sorry

I do not know what I will do when the time comes for my cats. I tear up just to imagine that I will have to face this one day.

Hugs, this too shall pass.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ugh. I can't imagine how difficult it was to have to leave your dog behind, then to lose him. He is happy now, playing and free at the Rainbow Bridge. You don't have to worry about him anymore. BIG hugs to you.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm sorry, too.

Sending warm hugs and comforting thoughts.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss Animals hold such a huge piece of our hearts, it is always so difficult when we lose them.

I pray that your AH husband didn't do this on purpose. I wouldn't dig into it because you may not want to know the truth and nothing will change the fact that your beloved dog has died.

Remember him in your heart and keep moving forward. Your AH not having the decency to tell you that your dog died is just another example/reason why he is not a healthy person to be in contract with, be with, or rely on.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss.

The love between an individual and their dog is genuine, pure and honest.

You are special for appreciating such a love, you have a good heart.

It is truly an Honor to read what you shared in your post.

God Bless,

desp1

Last edited by desp1; 04-25-2013 at 05:00 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-25-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss. Try to think of your Rottie romping around and happy in heaven now. I know this has to be so difficult for you and my heart goes out to you.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. I wanted to share an experience I had in hopes that it may give you some comfort.

We used to raise mini-schnauzer puppies, and had 3 dogs from our own line, and bought a female puppy to bring in a different blood line. She was never quite right. She just marched to a different drummer. She tried to do what the other dogs did, but it was as if she had no idea why she was doing anything. Incredibly sweet, we used to call her our "special needs" dog.

Her last fall, my husband was planting day lilies in a row up the edge of the driveway. He was looking forward, and didn't pay attention to what Cassie was doing behind him. Cassie was digging up the plants he had just planted and removing them.

It turned out that she had a liver shunt, and eventually, the poisons from that were going through her system and she was perceiving threats where there were none and becoming aggressive. She dug a hole and tried to bury a puppy as if it were a bone, and then she attacked another puppy.

So, we had to put her down. She was only 3 years old. The poisons had spread throughout her system and had affected her brain. I was with her, and said goodbye. And then, a half an hour later, on the drive home, she came to me and she was whole and vibrant and joyful and I felt thanked for having loved her, and thanked for having freed her from that prison her illness caused. It was an extraordinary moment, and I believe it was real.

And the next spring, the most beautiful red day lilies, a rare color, bloomed here and there all over the yard from where Cassie had "replanted" them!

So I believe there is life after death, and it is joyful.

ShootingStar1